Fix True Internet

Spellforce

Many people are reporting problems with TRUE INTERNET: websites unreachable etc...

Some people said you had to replace the TRUE DNS servers by Google or OPENDNS DNS servers, but it didn't fix my problem.

I called TRUE INTERNET support, they have desactivated the modem router firewall... and it worked for me !

I want to share it, it works with this modem/router:

post-137429-0-52751300-1368778773_thumb.

1 - Go to the modem/router settings, type http://192.168.1.1 in firefox/chrome/IE

2 - Default user/password is admin/password

3 - Go to the firewall configuration, uncheck "IP Flood Detection" & "Firewall Protection"

post-137429-0-48525000-1368778887_thumb.

4 - Click on "Apply"

smile.png

• Like 1

I think the OP's modem/router's picture is for a DOCSIS/cable modem...I got one just like it based on the modem's picture and menu posted. And I think most of the True complaints have been with their ADSL connections. Anyway, I have no problem with IP Flood Protection and the Firewall Turned on. But I will admitted previously with a VOIP service I previously had I needed to uncheck/turnoff the IP Flood Protection setting otherwise the VOIP system couldn't hear the numbers I was pressing/dialing...strange problem I didn't have when on TOT ADSL..and my TOT ADSL modem didn't even have a user selectable IP Flood Protection setting although it did have a Firewall On/Off selection which was turned on.