Insurance For Thailand?

patjk

I've been here for about a year, and I am looking for new insurance. What insurance is good for a 24 yr old male, healthy? I want to be able to get checkups/vaccinations without having to pay cash out of pocket. I also want to be protected in case of an emergency or accident. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Check out the insurance forum mate.

One thing; only really high end health insurances (normally international companies) pay for preventive medicine, vaccinations Etc. and you will be paying accordingly in return. :)

I have only in-patient and use thaihealth.co.th but am looking into adding a higher cover international(company) insurance.

Cheers!

Moved to the Insurance forum.

As above, what it will cost you to cover outpatient care is not worth it.

And the cost of thsoe things in Thailand is reasonable.

Get an inpatient policy only, at your age and in good health premiums won't be high.

BUPA is probably the most widely used/known company in Thailand and has direct billing arrangements with most hospiutals. But do check out other options mentioned in this forum.

• Like 1

As others have suggested, to have full coverage including OPD, including the likes of checkups/vaccinations, is expensive – at your age it would be USD1,214 (approx. 37,000 Baht !).

An IPD (Hospitalisation) policy would be far cheaper and paying for the odd vaccination and annual check-up would work out to be lower cost.

Should you need further quotes please feel free to contact us : HERE

I suggest that you use a broker to get offers from a range of insurers. Mine, from BSI Brokers (Thailand) Limited, included LMG Pacific in the options and their top range cover is plenty for even the worst disaster, including the risks you mention but dread disease too. I insured with them and have found them to be excellent. They offer discounts for deductibles and a no claim discount. Others may well be as good but LMG is run by a Westerner and he's very approachable.

Check ups and vaccinations are not expensive here. Better to go to a private hospital and pay for them yourself.

At your age, cover should cost very little compared with what I pay. If you can afford out-patient cover, buy it. You can delete it later if you choose.

It's good to see a young guy thinking about this subject. I wish that some of my old codger buddies were as enlightened!

I agree with the others, pay vaccinations and health checks from your pocket.

Get a basic cover for hospitalisation only, it is plenty enough at your age, unless you have a specific medical condition.

I recommend you to contact AA Insurance Brokers who replied to you above, they will definitely be able to give you the best plan for your needs.