Farang Cigs In Thailand. Same Taste?

edwinchester

Hi I normally pick up a carton of Marlboro in the duty free on trips back to the UK for the son in law. Was wondering if a carton bought in 7-11 or similar are the same as back west? I am a non smoker myself so no idea:-)

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, they are different, different tobacco (Thailand grown because of huge import tax on tobacco and Thailand produced).

As you mentioned Marlboro: I smoked the light at home and they are ok, but the ones in Thailand cause me to caugh massively after 2 days. The red ones, which are too strong at home are acceptable to smoke in Thailand and don't make me caugh.

And of course... loads of copies when you buy inside the country....

Not sure about duty free... they are much more expensive than the ones bought within Thailand, so I assume they are NOT Thailand produced and they really are different from the ones bought within Thailand.

If you buy a carton of Marlboro Lights at 7/11 you will be right,I only smoke when I am in holidays and they are good.Do not buy fags from anyone on the street,they come from Loas,Mynamar,or Cambodia and are no good,they make you cough etc.Once I coughed that much I followed through and shit my rompers.7/11 no problems

Edited by mickjn