Nightlife Between Laguna And Patong

corkman

Hi All,

Patong is a bit far from Laguna Beach. Is there somewhere a bit closure with a few "fun" bars, that I can go at say 7 or 8 pm until midnight or so..... travelling "to: Patong is fine, but coming back is a bit of a trek!

A few key words would be useful - and I'll google it.

Thanks in advance.

Between Patong and Laguna is Kamala. There are about 50 bars in Kamala with the usual diversions. Three of the biggest are the Beer Garden, the Aussi Pub and the Sport Bar all located on the main drag through town. All have sports on multiple TVs and plenty of girls. I recommend a pub crawl. Fun won't be hard to find. Kamala is a far more personable place than Patong and less expensive.

I saw where The Catch is going to have a DJ Disco Danny of some sort next Saturday night, thats Surin Beach.

Same place where the Real Estate guy with the big mouthed girlfriend got popped a few months back, so be careful regarding surly Russians, or better yet, tell the girlfriend to <deleted>.

Thanks guys - Kamala it is then. If I just book a taxi at the hotel and say kamala, then they'll know where to go presumably. How about getting back - are the ample taxi's around Kamala that will take me back to laguna at midnight or so?

Between Patong and Laguna is Kamala. There are about 50 bars in Kamala with the usual diversions. Three of the biggest are the Beer Garden, the Aussi Pub and the Sport Bar all located on the main drag through town. All have sports on multiple TVs and plenty of girls. I recommend a pub crawl. Fun won't be hard to find. Kamala is a far more personable place than Patong and less expensive.

Fifty?! I would have thought around ten or perhaps fifteen tops...

There is also the Mountain View (obviously the one closest to the Patong-side hill). Good to hear the KBG has re-opened. The Aussie Pub is just that - a pub. There are a few bars on the road nearest and parallel to the beach (and adjoining sois) that would probably be what he's looking for.

corkman, on 19 May 2013 - 18:45, said:

Thanks guys - Kamala it is then. If I just book a taxi at the hotel and say kamala, then they'll know where to go presumably. How about getting back - are the ample taxi's around Kamala that will take me back to laguna at midnight or so?

There really isn't much in Surin and Bang Tao. Kamala is your best bet. There are two sets of lights in Kamala maybe a half a mile apart. At the first set coming from Laguna is where the taxis are. They're available till late. I can't imagine it being much more than 300 baht for a ride home...but negotiate. Sport Bar at first light, Aussi Pub in between, Beer Garden at second light and lots in between. Beer Garden is a long time landmark. I think you'll be surprised about how much is going on here. Have fun...and don't fall in love.

Ping, on 19 May 2013 - 19:34, said:

Pinot, on 19 May 2013 - 08:30, said:

Fifty?! I would have thought around ten or perhaps fifteen tops...

There is also the Mountain View (obviously the one closest to the Patong-side hill). Good to hear the KBG has re-opened. The Aussie Pub is just that - a pub. There are a few bars on the road nearest and parallel to the beach (and adjoining sois) that would probably be what he's looking for.

The Aussi Pub has really come on and is the most popular place in town now. Friday night drawing for a 10,000 baht bar tab packs the place. KBG by the way, is the Kamala Beer Garden. It burned down last year and is now beautifully rebuilt with a new owner and highly recommended. The reason I say 50 bars is because many hotels have bars and then there are at least 20 bars along the beach in high season. I wouldn't be surprised if the number were 70 during high season. There is nothing going on along the beach road this time of year. The main street bars are where it's at. Kamala Beach nightlife is a hidden treasure. The locals rarely bother with Patong.