New Honda Cbr300R Details Leaked

brfsa2

New CBR300R in September? just hope its better than the current CBR250 biggrin.png

A couple of weeks ago, a leaked presentation slide in Thailand revealed that Honda is readying up a 300cc version of the CBR range of sportsbikes. The Honda CBR300R, as revealed through the presentation is expected to make its debut in September 2013. Apart from these two details, other specifications of the motorcycle remained largely unknown. Now though, a VisorDown reader has revealed some information about the Honda CBR300R, information that points to the direction that the motorcycle could take/has taken. From the readers information, it seems that the CBR300R will be upsized version of the CBR250R rather than a downsized version of the CBR400R.
This is apparent from the leaked information which states that the Honda CBR300R would features a single cylinder engine-4 valve liquid cooled engine. Honda may have used the 250cc engine platform to carve out a bigger motor for use on the CBR300R. A surprising bit included in the revealed information notes that the Honda CBR300R could have a weight of 143 kilograms. While the information does not differentiate between dry weight and kerb weight, a 143 kilogram dry weight for the CBR300R sounds off the mark considering the fact that the CBR250R weighs a portly 167 kilograms at the kerb. So, even without fluids, the CBR250R weighs about 150 kilograms.
In this light, the CBR300R weighing just 143 kilograms, assuming that it is the dry weight that has been revealed, doesn’t sound very likely. On the other hand, if the CBR300R indeed weighs in at 143 kilograms dry, expect the motorcycle to have received some weight reduction treatment to shed off the extra kilograms. The lighter weight could also mean much better performance overall as the 300cc engine is expected to deliver more power and torque. The Honda CBR300R is expected to be pitted against the Kawasaki Ninja 300R. It remains unclear as to whether the CBR300R is a world bike like its sibling, the CBR250R that sells in markets across the globe.
Links
post-59437-0-68772000-1368954394_thumb.j
Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 1

Well most of the World's Ninjettes are N300's now, so only natural Honda would fight back with some competition again. I would be surprised if it doesn't have a change of styling though. Surely the CBR250 would be due one in 2014 or 2015.

Honda following Kawasaki's lead? Surely not... :)

Could be a decent bike if the rumoured weight loss is accurate. A restyle of the 250 looks wouldn't hurt either. Wonder if it will be made/sold in Thailand?

Only if the ninja300 is sold in Thailand:-)Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isee far more 2013 ninjas around than 2013 cbr 250s or 500's.

The price gap alone doesn't seem to be enough for Honda to be winning the battle of the 250's this year.

A 300cc version at 140K might change the sales figures somwhat.

Only if the ninja300 is sold in Thailand:-)Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The price gap alone doesn't seem to be enough for Honda to be winning the battle of the 250's this year.

i see far more Honda's around than Kawasaki's there have actually been more Cbr250's sold than Ninja 250's.

i see far more Honda's around than Kawasaki's there have actually been more Cbr250's sold than Ninja 250's.

maybe because the ninja 250 costs about 50,000 baht more?? That's almost 1/3 of the bike.

the CBR300 should not cost more than 140,000 for an ABS version, then it will be a quite good choice... pity it's still a single cylinder.

I'm only talking about 2013 models. smile.png

Here in Central and Northern Bangkok there are at least three 2013 N250's for every 2013 CBR250 or CB*500.

Edited by Salapoo

The Honda delaer in Udon can't get enough 500s. I doubt Kawasaki sell even a tenth that Honda does at the moment.

I find the new CB500s the most attractive bikes to buy new in Thailand.

Twin Engines, Honda maintenance everywhere, good price, easy on gas and easy to resell.

The Honda delaer in Udon can't get enough 500s. I doubt Kawasaki sell even a tenth that Honda does at the moment.

Twin Engines, Honda maintenance everywhere, good price, easy on gas and easy to resell.

Ummmm Honda maintenance everywhere.... not really. At least not at the moment... Big Wing only.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Twin Engines, Honda maintenance everywhere, good price, easy on gas and easy to resell.

It's got two engines? No wonder it needs to go to Big Wing for service! Edited by VocalNeal

It's got two engines? No wonder it needs to go to Big Wing for service!

cheesy.gif good one...

Twin as in two cylinders.

you wouldn't want to bring your 500cc bike to any shop... :)

Honda-Bigwing-Service-8L.jpg

My friend waited 2 months to get his Ninja 250, just got it last month.

Don't AP Honda have a cap on the numbers they'll be alloted with the 500s?

In an early article on them (from Thailand) it mentioned they were only given so many units of each for 2013 due to focus on exports.

Edited by Salapoo