Visiting An Animal Atttraction ? Here Are Some Guidelines

wilcopops

When you are next thinking of visiting facilities that hold wild animals in captivity, or you see wild animals being used for tourism or shows, consider the following:

• Check first to see if the facility is a member of a reputable association (such as the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums), which requires them to uphold certain standards of animal care and welfare, and provide opportunities for conservation activities and education
  • Ask the facility about their education and conservation programmes (if they have them)
  • Don't attend “shows” where animals are asked to perform “tricks” for rewards which wouldn't be part of their natural behaviour
  • Report institutions that appear to be mistreating animals to the relevant authority or association
  • Don't pay to have your photo taken with a captive wild animal, or give money to people who parade animals on the streets
  • Support organisations that campaign for better treatment of captive wild animals, and lobby your government representative for the introduction and enforcement of legislation to protect all animals against exploitation and abuse

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=N0BRR1F5I6F

Maybe the OP would like to do a study for the attractions based in Thailand and supply a list of attractions that pass muster in his opinion?

I went to the Surin Elephant Round-Up a few years back at the invite of my Surin friend.

Yep, it was entertaining.

Had a look around and there weren't many blondes ... indeed, I reckon there would be less then 1% Westerners there ... just all Thais enjoying.

So, we could boycott the Surin Elephant Round-Up and the like ... yes ... but would it make a difference ... probably not.

Not that I don't have sympathy for your cause, however for there to be any change ... the push has to come from the Thai population ... as it has with the banning of the baby elephants from hawking in Bangkok.

report to who??? thousands of dogs sent to be boiled alive, everybody knows but no effort put into stopping it. If they could give a speeding ticket to , monkeys, snakes, elephants etc they would be all over it like a rash. No hope i am afraid.

Volunteers presently required at Nakorn Phnom dog sanctuary to inject 1000 dogs, Up to 30 per day dying, money run out. talk to the wall better than this lot. If they don't make a buck out of it, as police, government, boss village etc nobody cares.

If you have facebook try putting the petition on there see how many friends sign up for it!!!

https://www.facebook.com/beeproducer

I love getting my pics taken with tigers and elephants. Arsed.

It doesn't bother you that they're drugged and tortured to make them docile enough to amuse small-minded people like yourself?

Of they weren't, then "wellred" would be "well dead". ...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app