Thailand Targets Reducing Dependence On Natural Gas

webfact

They want to trade with the world but deny the world the rights to live here... Maybe that should also be on the agenda, either in Thailand or in the Global Arena...

Has any country questioned Thailand why this is so?

And I think Thailand has some pretty big Solar Farms already established

And they are making the investors who built them a very pretty packet.

The Government of Thailand should employ a program to discover Shale Gas in the country as is being done in many places around the world ... If fruitful - then Thailand would be better off than pursuing the current path ...

Any indication that there might be shale gas in Thailand? They have been drilling all over this place for donkeys years.

It is only since 1993 that they discovered a way to extract it efficiently so maybe no one was looking before. The U.S. has been finding so much lately that it will be energy independent by 2030 and laws are being changed so that natural gas can be exported. It is getting cheaper every year; maybe even cheap enough for Thailand to save money.

The Government of Thailand should employ a program to discover Shale Gas in the country as is being done in many places around the world ... If fruitful - then Thailand would be better off than pursuing the current path ...

Any indication that there might be shale gas in Thailand? They have been drilling all over this place for donkeys years.

Shale gas exploration involves unique techniques - not to mention the drilling methods ... your response is worthless drivel. Something of technical value would be much more worthy of discussion.

Brazil is 100% energy independent because all their vehicles are flex-fuel for either gasohol or gasoline. They get their gasohol from sugar cane. Maybe when the rice farmers all go out of business because their markets are gone, they can grow sugar cane for gasohol. Thailand could save 20% of it imported oil if they didn't keep the mall air conditioners set at 18 degrees C. Also, I have never seen insulation for sale at Home Pro.

Brazil is energy independent because they have big oil reserves and because they use a lot of their prime farm land to grow fuel for cars (ethanol) in a world where people are hungry.

I think it's immoral to use prime farm land to grow crops that are used for transportation when people are hungry.

There is enough oil and gas in the ground to run this world until scientists figure out how to replace oil as fuel. That may be something like hydrogen - who knows.

Ethanol is very inefficient. The BTU's per gallon are way below gasoline. It's OK the the BTU's per gallon of natural gas are much below gasoline because we have lots of it and people can't eat it.

I know of no case where governments don't have to subsidize solar, wind, or ethanol unless some homeowner wants to take a loss on it or do it on a very small scale that doesn't matter much. They just don't have the technology to make it pay.

The US has more oil reserves than all of the rest of the world combined yet they are the biggest producer of ethanol in the world. It's the law. 10% of all fuel for autos has to be ethanol. It may make the environmentalists feel better, but what a waste of food production. We are burning corn in our cars while people starve. The government subsidizes that otherwise it wouldn't pay to do it.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

They want to trade with the world but deny the world the rights to live here... Maybe that should also be on the agenda, either in Thailand or in the Global Arena...

Has any country questioned Thailand why this is so?

And I think Thailand has some pretty big Solar Farms already established

What does one have to do with the other? Trade and the 'right' to live here? Why does Thailand have to allow anyone and everyone to live here? Do you think Thailand is unique in this? May I ask how entitled you feel?

Brazil is energy independent because they have big oil reserves and because they use a lot of their prime farm land to grow fuel for cars (ethanol) in a world where people are hungry.

I think it's immoral to use prime farm land to grow crops that are used for transportation when people are hungry.

There is enough oil and gas in the ground to run this world until scientists figure out how to replace oil as fuel. That may be something like hydrogen - who knows.

Ethanol is very inefficient. The BTU's per gallon are way below gasoline. It's OK the the BTU's per gallon of natural gas are much below gasoline because we have lots of it and people can't eat it.

I know of no case where governments don't have to subsidize solar, wind, or ethanol unless some homeowner wants to take a loss on it or do it on a very small scale that doesn't matter much. They just don't have the technology to make it pay.

The US has more oil reserves than all of the rest of the world combined yet they are the biggest producer of ethanol in the world. It's the law. 10% of all fuel for autos has to be ethanol. It may make the environmentalists feel better, but what a waste of food production. We are burning corn in our cars while people starve. The government subsidizes that otherwise it wouldn't pay to do it.

Brazilian government statistics (( whistling.gif )) claim that sugarcane grown for ethanol uses only 1% of the country's arable land. If this is true, hardly "a lot of their prime land"?

ref: http://www.brazil.org.uk/publications/index_files/mythsvsfacts.pdf

Edited by bumpkin

Brazilian government statistics (( whistling.gif )) claim that sugarcane grown for ethanol uses only 1% of the country's arable land. If this is true, hardly "a lot of their prime land"?

ref: http://www.brazil.org.uk/publications/index_files/mythsvsfacts.pdf

and, Brazil is already a major exporter of many foods materials: coffee, soy, sugar, beef, etc