Accident

Accident between Samui Yacht Club & Buddies. Truck carrying cement bags & a motorbike . Bike lodged under front wheel. ambulance in attendance.Presumed foreigner at this stage by the direction of the ambulance.

You mean the foreigner might have money and they are taking him to a private hospital. You would be surprised the number of Thai's that have complete medical coverage and use private hospitals.

Whatever. Someones been seriously injured in a road accident so do you have anything relevant to add?

I do hope that it was only the bike that was lodged under the front wheel and not the rider as well.

and me.

By the way - ALL Thai hospitals have to offer free A & E for Thais. Emergency only though. (This became law this year - unless they have repealed it already.)

You mean the foreigner might have money and they are taking him to a private hospital. You would be surprised the number of Thai's that have complete medical coverage and use private hospitals.

Only reporting it as I have been told John. As mentioned all hospitals have to offer emergency treatment to Thai citizens.

I only went past there a short while before this happened & lots of tourists on bikes not being observant of their surroundings.

Only reporting it as I have been told John. As mentioned all hospitals have to offer emergency treatment to Thai citizens.

I only went past there a short while before this happened & lots of tourists on bikes not being observant of their surroundings.

Tourist do have a habit of stoping in the middle if the road some times , but also trucks have a habit of travelling at 120 km an hour without a care in the world

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Tourist do have a habit of stoping in the middle if the road some times , but also trucks have a habit of travelling at 120 km an hour without a care in the world

Agree tourist stop in the middle of the road to read a map then change direction. But a truck doing 120km on Samui maybe in the sky but not on the road hard to get my Toyota out of 3rd gear.

Agree tourist stop in the middle of the road to read a map then change direction. But a truck doing 120km on Samui maybe in the sky but not on the road hard to get my Toyota out of 3rd gear.

You need to drive the strip between Ban Tai /or Ban Por and Nathon hill some times, John ! ..... I think some of the truck drivers hope to make over the hill without gearing down!

and yes tourists reading maps in the middle of a busy road ... or even stopped in the middle of the road and chatting crazy.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

and yes tourists reading maps in the middle of a busy road ... or even stopped in the middle of the road and chatting crazy.gif

Yep, had that yesterday...and then one of the dicks tried to pull a U turn right in front of me cussing_zpsf437b8e9.gif ...good job the daughter wasn't in the car or that would have been a few more words she's not allowed to repeat whistling.gif

• Like 2