Next To Amway, Phetchabun?

Route21

Has anyone heard, via the grapevine, what they are building just immediately South of Amway's place on Route 21?

It looks quite substantial.

R21

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Probably the new Immigration Office. Oh we had that rumour back in '07, I forgot.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah!

Too big for an immigration office - unless, of course, there's going to be a mass migration from Bangkok, as it sinks into the sea. That could do wonders for those who've already bought potentially spare land and built their home up here ;-) :-)

(Hope they don't for some time, however, as Phetchabun's currently a pleasant, relaxing place to wind down, after escaping the rat race! Nice house, nice scenery, nice people, regular get togethers/parties etc with friends/extended family locally and inexpensive!).

R21

• Like 1

When they were building the new administrative building out on R21 some Phetch city bods were convinced that was the new Immi office!. " my wife told me------".

When they were building the new administrative building out on R21 some Phetch city bods were convinced that was the new Immi office!. " my wife told me------".

Which one? The new admin building or the place next to Amway?

The admin building north of Phetchabun city, a few years back there was a big rumour that would be the new immigration office. Regards to the new piece of land maybe a central plaza/Robinson's, who knows. I keep an eye on the new Ford & Mazda dealerships being built. It looks like Ford are in front.

The admin building north of Phetchabun city, a few years back there was a big rumour that would be the new immigration office. Regards to the new piece of land maybe a central plaza/Robinson's, who knows. I keep an eye on the new Ford & Mazda dealerships being built. It looks like Ford are in front.

Yes. We would have definitely bought a Ford Ranger rather than a Hilux if Ford had been here in 2010. Pichit was just a tad too far for service if anything went wrong. A Hilux was the 2nd choice. Considered a Fortuner (large extended family), having had to rent them previously, but delivery was 3-4 months!

With the Hilux, the extended family go coach class (outside) - you can fit more in that way!

The new plot is big enough for a large car dealership, but maybe not for a shopping mall. Or maybe it's another Thai Watsaname look-alike! :-)

R21

I have heard from various sources that it is a HomePro hardware store.

The land that the Sunday market is on, is apparently owned by Central. One day Phetchabun will be forced to join the rat race.

The "Amway" site certainly looks big enough for a Home Pro, but, after the initial rush at the opening, Thai Watsadu's carpark looks decidedly empty, even compared to Big C where we've had difficulty parking recently.

If it does turn out to be a Home Pro, it will probably force Watsadu to cut their prices, possibly by employing fewer sales staff - we're normally descended upon by 4-5 sales assistants as soon as we enter.

Watsadu is supposed to be a one-stop shop - you walk in, you see what you want, you can take it with you that day (without waiting weeks for it to arrive, special delivery, from the suppliers). We've often gone in and left disappointed! Even when they said they would back-order a 15+kbaht item (that was physially on display) they didn't back-order and didn't phone/tell us until we went in and asked a month later.

Significant customer service training is desperately needed for those that stay - the others will probably be taken on by Home Pro as "experienced hands"!

R21

I have just got conformation that the site next to amway WILL be a homepro

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many thanks.

My only regret is that, like Ford, it comes too late for us. We completed the build of our place a year ago.

R21

• 4 weeks later...

Actually to clarify Global is being built just past Homeland surprisingly,and Home Pro is the larger site past Amway.

For anyone remotely interested Lom Sak will have a Tecso Lotus in the near future,size and location unknown.

• Like 1

Still no indication on site what that place is to be next to Amyway. Folk in the know!, all say Home pro, but I remember when Tesco & Big C being built side by side a few years back no one knew then, well actually my caddy did.!!

For those in the south republic of Phetch there is a 24 hour Tesco in Si Thep.

Oh and the new super monkey & court house is progressing well, that's about 3 times the size of the new Home pro place in Phetchabun city.

Edited by phutoie2

Still no indication on site what that place is to be next to Amyway. Folk in the know!, all say Home pro, but I remember when Tesco & Big C being built side by side a few years back no one knew then, well actually my caddy did.!!For those in the south republic of Phetch there is a 24 hour Tesco in Si Thep. Oh and the new super monkey & court house is progressing well, that's about 3 times the size of the new Home pro place in Phetchabun city.Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually they have a sign up stating that it's going to be a Home Pro,it can't be any more clearer,take a look when you finish golf next.

I came past yesterday after I did my shopping unless my eyes were deceiving me.

In fairness I'm not that thrilled about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will be Homepro, has for Central they are meant to be building for next year. Phetchabun has to be the base for the district(valley,) as it the city..problem is we have no big industry so it always looks sad as everybody has to come from the farms every couple of weeks when they have been paid!

• 3 weeks later...

It's actually got the name "Homepro" on the front of the "building" now. Saw it today while passing by in the car.

R21

• Like 1

• 3 months later...