New To Town, Where Is The Best Sea Food, Think Ive Just Had The Worst

Right Guys, firstly as i say im new in town but do enjoy nice seafood at an attractive price, just moved here from sattahip, where most restaurants( if you know where to go are subsidised by the navy for visiting relatives) I didnt wanna drive into town due to parking difficulties, so just headed out to a place called "kiamuk seafood" almost opposite to bangkok hospital.

This was possibly the worst food i have tasted in thailand, i also ordered steamed mussels that were probably the worst ive had in the world, back in the uk i could buy frozen boil in the bag mussels that would be ten times better. obviously being with my wife she did not like me to make a fuss as this is not the thai way, although she refused to eat any of the food apart from a bit om morning glory which arrived 45 mins after the rice came out.

in a nut shell, a warning for anyone out the not to dare, and please please help me where is the nicest freshest sea food........my pal tells me 10 tomes better sea food down the rd at cha am. is he right

• Like 1

There are plenty of good local seafood joints in Bangkok. You already know the golden rule, eat where the Thais eat, do not go to those emporium-style places where the tourists (including Chinese tour groups) go - the food may or may not be be good but the prices are guaranteed stratospheric.Sorry, I can't give you specific, up-to-date recommendations.

good seafood is hard to find in Bangkok. Most prawns are farmed in fresh water and pretty tasteless. Sea bass is the only fish readily available. But it is actually a fresh water fish farmed and frozen. Seafood restaurants even try to palm you off with red tilaoia calling it red snapper.

When I go to Bangkok I never eat seafood.

Lung Seafood night market 100 mts down on right hand side going from the railway end. Lots of Thai folks eat there we have been going there 2 or 3 times every trip (2 or 3 a year) for the last 10 years never had a complaint about the food sometimes the service is a little slow due to it being so popular that speaks for its self always busy when other are often almost empty.

Yes Cha am is good. Driving from HH turn right at the lights and then left at the beach and follow the road to the end of the seal.

Continue on gravel road and there are fresh seafood places both sides. I have only been there for lunch but three times sensational food.

Also nice place on the beach behind "Boat house", this is out near Palm Hills, you may find tricky to find but worth it.

I'd agree on cha am,, at the end of the beach driving towards the fish market theres a few seafood resteraunts, cant remember the names, but one on the left side of the fish market with tables looking on to the harbour I thought provided very good seafood, and about 100 mtrs before reaching the fish market on the left hand side theres quite a large resteraunt where I've also eaten where the food was also quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

Lung Seafood night market 100 mts down on right hand side going from the railway end. Lots of Thai folks eat there we have been going there 2 or 3 times every trip (2 or 3 a year) for the last 10 years never had a complaint about the food sometimes the service is a little slow due to it being so popular that speaks for its self always busy when other are often almost empty.

+1 I agree with David, This Soi is always popular with my wife and family, never had a bad meal in seven years (touch wood!!)rolleyes.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a recent article in Stickman's blog about good seafood in Hua Hin. I'm not sure if he is a TV competitor or not so I won't post a link, but a google search should turn it up. It will be the one dated this month... (August 18, 2013), as he also has some older blogs about Hua Hin.