True Tv And The English Premier League Transmissions

wineman

I have today received a letter from True TV which says it will broadcast EPL until this May 2013.(presumably it means end of May). So I'll be cancelling my subscription today and moving over to TMN. I know they don't have the EPL, but I'll be saving over 1,000 Bt a month.

I understand that Cable Thai Holding won the EPL rights over True TV, and GMM, it will be interesting to see what they have in store for us.

Would be interesting to hear what other people are going to do.

From their website it looks like we're doomed.

They don't even mention the EPL in the sports section. There is however Top Gear Korea and Ladies American football.....

Is there a CTH office in Pattaya ? looks like only in Bkk

CTH will be having an official launch of their Premier League coverage for the next season in June. Whether or not you will be able to subscribe depends on whether the cable infrastructure in your area/home is in place, or whether you can get one of the other cable companies that CTH will sell on the coverage to.

I'm still hoping, probably unrealistically, that CTH will sell on the rights, or at least some of the games, to True, so that there will be no need to switch from satellite to cable.

I'm getting a bit nervous about this.

A big fan of the EPL and watch as many games as I can, not a fan of UBC but there EPL coverage has been fantastic.

Living way out in the sticks,, 20 km outside of Udon Thani, I am not sure if I will be able to get coverage through CHT or any cable provider.

OP writes:

"Would be interesting to hear what other people are going to do."

-Well I just telephoned to the head office of CTH in Bangkok. Apparently they will have matters finalized re EPL by the end of June. The very interesting thing they mentioned was that I was told they are using 2 cable operators in Pattaya to provide their services(CTH channels). One of the companies they with be using is Sophon Broadband.

From what I was told if you are an existing Sophon Broadband customer you can get a free set up(and other advantages) for getting the EPL broadcasts via CTH.

Seems even if someone is not an existing sophon customer, the current rates sound reasonable and at the end of June they will be in a position to indicate the precise rates/charges.

Edited by R123

True have offered a 100 baht reduction in price or access to extra channels - I'm told the EPL coverage will be available on GMM boxes as part of an 800 baht package.

I'm also hearing news of a 7,000 baht IPTV box that only needs 500Mbits to clearly stream HD channels and there will be free movies on demand as well as EPL coverage. A friend will be trying it later this week so I'll update then.

This may be what he's talking about http://jsat.tv/gallery/index.php/JSAT-Pi

• Like 1

Is this package going to be available through a satellite system?

I live far away from any cable provider. 20 km from Udon Thani, and the thought of no EPL is not good.

note. I am aware CHT = CABLE holding Thailand :)

Edited by maccat

My mate said it is indeed the item from the link above, he paid 6k had a quick play but won't get to put it through its paces till the weekend.

For the poster above, this will work with out cable.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Is this package going to be available through a satellite system?

I live far away from any cable provider. 20 km from Udon Thani, and the thought of no EPL is not good.

note. I am aware CHT = CABLE holding Thailand smile.png

IF the GMM box has it or is going to get it, all you need is the GMM box, your true dish and the subscription.

Alas we have to wait and see.

Well my mate has had a good play with the system and his comments.

Great system but fiddly.

Lots of channels but set up is a pain as you have to go to each distributor/provider and wait for the list to download which with some having over 500 channels can take time.

Once you've done that for the first time you are fine though.

He's going through training pains having to load up his favourites.

Has EPL so he's more than happy.

Movies on demand and he said he was watching the new die hard in blu ray quality with no pixelation stutter

Speed is great but I will point out he gets high speed down as living in an area not densely populated.

I'm thinking of taking my server pc in and having the system put on that as an option.

Had a look. It's all Greek to me.

True have offered a 100 baht reduction in price or access to extra channels - I'm told the EPL coverage will be available on GMM boxes as part of an 800 baht package.

I'm also hearing news of a 7,000 baht IPTV box that only needs 500Mbits to clearly stream HD channels and there will be free movies on demand as well as EPL coverage. A friend will be trying it later this week so I'll update then.

This may be what he's talking about http://jsat.tv/gallery/index.php/JSAT-Pi

CTH said on the news today that they would announce the package in the next 3 weeks and it should be less than 1,000 Baht

CTH have now said that they will also use sattelite dishes bacause of the problems of not having cable connections up country. it will cost 1000 baht for the dish and the 120 channel package plus 5 epl channels will cost 999 baht a month