Buying Gold In Bangkok (Bullion)

The topic has been done before: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/636034-who-sells-highest-purity-gold-in-chinatown/?hl=gold+shop#entry6362106

If you are not interested in jewelry, buy the gold bars.

Check out Gold Traders Assoc.. It's a bit dated, but the basic information should remain the same.

http://www.goldbarsworldwide.com/PDF/NB_1_BarsFromThailand.pdf

Bangkok Assay (and some others) offers higher fineness than 96.5

http://bangkokassay.com/eng/products.php?tb_sub_catalog_id=6

Edited by Suradit69

mineonunder.

I have purchased Bullion several times through Hua Seng Heng in Yowarrat Bangkok.

Level 4 to buy bullion at 96.5 purity, or you can buy pure gold 99.99 by the 1.0kg on level 6 or 7? of the Hua Seng Heng Building right next to lotus on Yowarrat Road. I was offered Swiss(PAMP), and South African(RAND) gold, I chose Swiss.

They have a good website but it is all in Thai with up to date pricing, cash is king, but you can pay by bank cheque with prior arrangement.ID copy required for 99.99. No id just cash for 96.5.

They have been around for a very long time never heard of any scams at Hua Heng Seng.

NB, silver bullion beads also sold in 20kg bags.

Good luck.

mineonunder.

I have purchased Bullion several times through Hua Seng Heng in Yowarrat Bangkok.

Level 4 to buy bullion at 96.5 purity, or you can buy pure gold 99.99 by the 1.0kg on level 6 or 7? of the Hua Seng Heng Building right next to lotus on Yowarrat Road. I was offered Swiss(PAMP), and South African(RAND) gold, I chose Swiss.

They have a good website but it is all in Thai with up to date pricing, cash is king, but you can pay by bank cheque with prior arrangement.ID copy required for 99.99. No id just cash for 96.5.

They have been around for a very long time never heard of any scams at Hua Heng Seng.

Good luck.

Double agree with this post, where I get my bullion from too.... didn't know they have 20kg silver bags?? No bullion silver bars ???

monty1412, on 23 May 2013 - 14:18, said:

bigwilly, on 22 May 2013 - 13:16, said:

mineonunder.

Good luck.

Double agree with this post, where I get my bullion from too.... didn't know they have 20kg silver bags?? No bullion silver bars ???
monty1412.

No Silver Bullion bars I am afraid, but they did say there are companies in Bangkok who will melt them down into ingots for you, but the downside was no assay on purity and weight.

BW.

What's the benefit of buying a 1 kg billion of 99.9% gold?

I have always thought of doing this and taking it back to the UK.

Is there money to be made?

Is it possible to take it back to the UK?