Teaching As A Teacher's Assistant Or As A Trainer?

Does anyone have the details on how the school would do this paperwork?

What documents do I need when I go to make a non-B?

I've got a part-time offer at a very small school and they have no idea how to handle it.

Any help on this extremely appreciated. I'm supposed to meet with them tomorrow, but I'd like to go prepared as far as letting them know what we need to do.

Any actual documents we could copy regarding contract and employment invitation etc... Would be huge.

Most schools do not follow this route and in fact most would have a problem in justifying doing so. The best option is for the school to contact Immigration and the Ministry of Labor and explain what they wish to do and the role that you will fulfill.

I know of a handful of people who have been granted work permits through this avenue, but they were all employed directly by the Ministry of Education and placed in schools in a specific district.

• Like 1

You'll need a contract from the school to get a Non-B in Sawannakhet/Laos at the Thai consulate. This visa's only good for 90 days to give you time to go for the provisional license.

You'll have to tell them, that they change your job title in either trainer, or teacher's assistant to bypass the TCT. ( Kurusapa)

Then you'll only have to deal with the local labor department. Some TVF members might know more details how to do it. Good luck!-wai.gif

You'll need a contract from the school to get a Non-B in Sawannakhet/Laos at the Thai consulate. This visa's only good for 90 days to give you time to go for the provisional license.

You'll have to tell them, that they change your job title in either trainer, or teacher's assistant to bypass the TCT. ( Kurusapa)

Then you'll only have to deal with the local labor department. Some TVF members might know more details how to do it. Good luck!-wai.gif

So the only thing I need from the school is a contract?

I don't need any other paperwork other than my passport to get the Non-B?

Is that only in Savannakhet, or Vietienne also?

This is only a 2 day a week part-time job, but they are willing to help with whatever paperwork I need. The problem is they are a very small school and they've never dealt with this type of thing before. I'm trying to get a copy of a contract from my previous school but that may not prove easy. Any way I can get a sample for them to copy and put their own letterhead/seal?

Much appreciated. Apologize for all the questions, but I'm not relishing an 18hour bus trip to Savannakhet to have them tell me I'm missing such and such.

Cheers.

It would appear that the Labour offices are on to this.

It is extremely unlikely that you will be given a work permit for being a Teacher's Assistant or Special Lecturer if you have already had a work permit in the same province, for working as a "teacher"

They are getting clued up as to what people are trying to do to get out of going to Kurusapa.

It is extremely unlikely that you will be given a work permit for being a Teacher's Assistant or Special Lecturer if you have already had a work permit in the same province, for working as a "teacher"

They are getting clued up as to what people are trying to do to get out of going to Kurusapa.

It is possible to get employed as a trainer, or teacher's assistant. I'm just wondering why those guys don't post how they'd gotten their work permit.

And I certainly know that they read these posts. It worked at some schools for 'teachers' who worked at a government school before and had a work permit.

There's a high possibility that the poster's school, labor department, or through an "informant" found out that he worked on a fake degree.

Seems that it depends on the school director's 'connections".-wai2.gif

We had a teacher who was given a work permit as a Teacher's Assistant. We didn't apply for it, but through a number of clerical mishaps (and a new visa girl at the school), it wasn't notice that he had a 3 year degree and not a full Bachelor's Degree. I spoke with the teacher and he informed me that he had a full Bachelor's Degree, but he could not produce the certificate or the transcripts until he had paid off his University fees to the school. Immigration had already authorized the non-B and the Ministry of Labor decided they would give him a work permit for 1 year as a TA. It was written all over the document, so when it came time for a renewal, it wouldn't happen again.

He got his fees paid, got his degree and transcript, and a work permit and Teacher's License.

• Like 1

We had a teacher who was given a work permit as a Teacher's Assistant. We didn't apply for it, but through a number of clerical mishaps (and a new visa girl at the school), it wasn't notice that he had a 3 year degree and not a full Bachelor's Degree. I spoke with the teacher and he informed me that he had a full Bachelor's Degree, but he could not produce the certificate or the transcripts until he had paid off his University fees to the school. Immigration had already authorized the non-B and the Ministry of Labor decided they would give him a work permit for 1 year as a TA. It was written all over the document, so when it came time for a renewal, it wouldn't happen again.

He got his fees paid, got his degree and transcript, and a work permit and Teacher's License.

That explains a lot. Is it possible that it varies from province to province? Guess that happened in Bangkok?-wai2.gif

Actually it was in Samut Prakharn. I had never heard of it before but I think part of the whole thing is that he was just so ruggedly good looking and very suave. I think there was more to his getting legal than meets the eye!

In fact, I will never know for sure. It also could have been because he said he had a degree and would get it paid for.

At any rate, somebody seemed to think he had something to offer education in Thailand or he would have been out on his ears.

Untrue. With the help of Krusapa and their letters, I and many more people who were on their 2nd or 3rd temporary licence, got a special lecturer visa after being on a visa as a teacher for many years.

i also got a 2 year work permit in the same

post-167779-0-29053100-1369576941_thumb.

post-167779-0-63192000-1369576966_thumb.

post-167779-0-90983100-1369576993_thumb.

post-167779-0-73376500-1369577007_thumb.

Edited by amecth

Not in some offices.

I know of a couple of Labour offices that are refusing to give work permits, even with the support of the KSP letters, if the applicant has already been a teacher. They know the reason for the change and won't do it.

Not in some offices.

I know of a couple of Labour offices that are refusing to give work permits, even with the support of the KSP letters, if the applicant has already been a teacher. They know the reason for the change and won't do it.

Good decision.

Not in some offices.

But the Immigration issued a visa already? Will they work without the blue book then?

Usually, the immigration gives the non-immigrant B visa and it is good for 90 days. If the person doesn't have a work permit within 90 days, then the B-visa will expire, I think.

Once you have the work permit, then you go back to immigration for the extension of stay.