Spaying A Cat

DD13

Lots of Vets around. You didnt say where you are located, that may make a difference. Our vet charged maybe 1,200 baht, but not sure. Some vets are better than others.

If you ask Cats4you, im sure they can give you a more up to date answer, and recommend a good vet, since they have used several. Another option is for her to have injections every three months, but I think that is only good for a year, then she needs to be spayed. Its done free at some places every so often.

Lots of Vets around. You didnt say where you are located, that may make a difference. Our vet charged maybe 1,200 baht, but not sure. Some vets are better than others.

If you ask Cats4you, im sure they can give you a more up to date answer, and recommend a good vet, since they have used several. Another option is for her to have injections every three months, but I think that is only good for a year, then she needs to be spayed. Its done free at some places every so often.

Females usually around 900-1200, males little cheaper.

Hate to recommend, but Pattaya Animal Hospital, Dr Kwanchai is good at this, though i no longer use that clinic for other reasons

I actually saw Paul today, as one of my staff adopted a kitten, and funny enough we were talking about Vets, as i am looking to change mine. He was saying to have same problems as myself with Vet attitude, and service with all the ones he used.

We went over who we have used and ended up with nothing-lol

I know i have gone through about 5-6 Vets and he is the same. :(

Have had 10 cats done over the years at Jomtien Animal Hospital on Sukhumvit opposite the Ford Dealer, they all survived, forget the cost.

re

Females usually around 900-1200, males little cheaper.

thats about the same as most vets in chiang mai

but lanna dogs do monthly clinics at tessabans , temples

and municipal offices all over chiang mai where you can make

any donation you think fair or can afford perhaps theres

an organization like it near you ?

dave2

post-42592-0-74863500-1369277866_thumb.j

post-42592-0-83118100-1369277942_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05444600-1369278272_thumb.j

Thank you for your replies

Here is the reason I asked.....yesterday we took our cat to the hospital we usually use on Sukhumvit (close to Tesco South super store )

On admission they asked for 5000 baht deposit, which we paid,(alarm bells ringing)........... we have just collected her,

amazingly they wanted a further 410 baht......she did stay overnight

We questioned why so expensive, they offered to show the list of medication used, but no other reason.

I have no complaints with their treatment, and spend what my pets need, but in my opinion the difference from what I knew other vets charge, and the confirmation by your replies, beggars belief.

Needless to say we will be looking elsewhere for the future treatment of our other pets

Thanks again everyone

Edited by Rimmer
Font

Thank you for your replies

Here is the reason I asked.....yesterday we took our cat to the hospital we usually use on Sukhumvit (close to Tesco South super store )

On admission they asked for 5000 baht deposit, which we paid,(alarm bells ringing)........... we have just collected her,

amazingly they wanted a further 410 baht......she did stay overnight

We questioned why so expensive, they offered to show the list of medication used, but no other reason.

I have no complaints with their treatment, and spend what my pets need, but in my opinion the difference from what I knew other vets charge, and the confirmation by your replies, beggars belief.

Needless to say we will be looking elsewhere for the future treatment of our other pets

Thanks again everyone

Funny or i guess sad enough, the reason for this crazy prices is Thonglor Clinic.

When they came on the scene, they introduced this crazy, never seen before prices, they also introduced the detailed bills.

Many have followed their pricing, perhaps with some 5%-10% discount to appear cheaper.

Pattaya Animal Hospital is a prime example when it comes to Grooming,

The Baan Pattaya, just few hundred meters down, now also charge same rates as Thonglor, only do not have the skills or knowledge to back it up

I was quoted 6,000 at one vet to have a male cat snipped. As that is higher than in the US, we went down the road and paid 800. My husband is Thai so translation wasn't the problem.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yes they also quoted 6000 yesterday to have a male nuetered .

I checked UK vets and as you say like the USA they are 50% of these people here.

This country will come unstuck like Spain has (especially property-wise)

Have had 10 cats done over the years at Jomtien Animal Hospital on Sukhumvit opposite the Ford Dealer, they all survived, forget the cost.

You must be talking about the Na Jomtien Animal Hospital, took my dog there for the first year of her existence. Can see why you forgot about the cost.., they do take great care but I was appalled by their pricing structure. For the last four years I’ve taken her to the Siam Country Pet Hospital on SSCC instead, similar care and about 20-30% of the cost.

500 baht govt vet by the fire station 3rd road do it as you wait, make appointment

I have been looking for the Government vets for years and cannot find it.

I have been asking Thai Visa members the directions for a long time, I get

to the fire station on 3rd road, go inside the big gates, and still cannot find

it.

Any better directions greatly appreciated, or if you could draw a map, and take

a photo of it, that would be great.

Also, do they have a telephone number ? thanks for any replies :)

500 baht govt vet by the fire station 3rd road do it as you wait, make appointment

I have been looking for the Government vets for years and cannot find it.

I have been asking Thai Visa members the directions for a long time, I get

to the fire station on 3rd road, go inside the big gates, and still cannot find

it.

Any better directions greatly appreciated, or if you could draw a map, and take

a photo of it, that would be great.

Also, do they have a telephone number ? thanks for any replies smile.png

If your by the gates of the fire station your there,the hut on the left Govt vet station. Ask one of the firemen or anyone in vicinity if lost

• Like 1