Need Advice - Removing People From Houses.

JusticeFT96

Iam afraid OP have forgotten he is in Thailand and could find himself behind bars without knowing why...

...not impossible the police knows the owner is in prison, by the way not sure the papers (chanote etc) are legal.

Removing People From Houses.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif... is not a good title

"The quickest way to to find myself in big big trouble" would be more appropriate whistling.gif

b

• Like 1

What's the "owner" inside for ? Maybe relevant or could affect your judgment to proceed.

Keep searching all the finest details, and at the slightest query or doubt, you will know it is prudent to walk away.

If you get that far, talk to a good lawyer in Thailand.

Make haste slowly.

Edited by attento

Not being 100% legit has to be the understatement of the century. This whole deal stinks, criminals in prison, plus upfront Thai names, illegal ownership and an illegal properties renting business, I can assume is the case.

You must have some part in this, justiceFT96, otherwise you would not have been approached and asked to assist with this matter. No one would take on such a task of caretaking for properties and becoming involved with the eviction of tenants for a friend of a friend of a friend purely out of goodwill.

So in order to be able to advise you, please can you explain in detail who are these people, what parts they play in this and what exactly is the real deal here.

I cant explain in detail who these people are, if I knew I wouldn't be posting the questions would I? Whilst at a funeral a few weeks ago I was speaking to a friend who I dont keep in touch with that well but I know him well enough. He said he had been offered a job to work in Thailand looking after houses but he didn't want to go there and leave his family behind. I said I would be interested, bare in mind before I met with this other guy I assumed they had built a small village and wanted to rent it out for income and they wanted a manager to manage the houses, keep them cleaned and maintained etc.

I only found out once I met with this other guy that the actual owner of the property was in jail, I assumed the guy who I was meeting was the actual owner of the properties. The full story came out and I said I would ask about it and what would need to be done which I did here. After thinking about it all I have decided that if they want to evict people etc they will have to find someone else to do that, I am not getting involved in something like that. If after they have removed the people and everything is OK I would be more than willing to help with the properties, rent them out, keep them maintained, deal with any problems tenants may have as long as I can get a cut of the money. If I need to get a work permit I will.

So just to clarify, Friend A I have known for about 9 years, Man B I have met for about 10 minutes the other day, Man C I have never met nor will I ever meet.

I think... your answering your own question already, run, run faster than you ever have in your life.coffee1.gif

If it's not a very good friend of yours then my advice would be to stay out of it.

Sounds like you would be getting into something, both time consuming and potentially unhealthy !!

Unless you are looking for a rent free place to stay for a while smile.png

Well that was the idea, stay rent free, rent out and share the money of course and also try to sell the houses myself for a percentage. But unless this is not 100% legal I dont want anything to do with it. I mean it would be nice living rent free and making a nice income in Thailand but if it comes with hassle I just dont want it.

"I mean it would be nice living rent free and making a nice income in Thailand but if it comes with hassle I just dont want it. "

It sounds like this undertaking would be regarded as a business or employment. Not sure if I missed your comment on your stay in Thailand, but what sort of visa do you have? If you start ruffling feathers with the people staying in these houses, your status in Thailand could come into question, especially if you're here on a tourist or Non-O "retirement" visa.

Why the friend of the friend does not simply buy a ticket himsef to help his friend solve this important case ?

Worry just the people who truly deserve it and who respect you, but never those who won't mind bringing you in serious danger, they are not worth to worry about.

Doctor Rubberduck, Psychiatrist

For all of you that posted the genuine advice thank you. I will not get involved.

As for my visa, I am married with child to a thai national, non immigrant O visa is it? I just assumed it would have been a lot easier than this when I first heard about it, I had pictures of me handing a piece of paper to the police, they go and march to the houses, evict people and everything was settled :)

The genuine advice on this thread has made me see that it wont be as simple, straight forward or safe as I assumed. So once again thank you.

For the posters going on about spelling, grammar, wanting someone they don't know to go head first into a dangerous situation because they asked for advice before any action was taken then you seriously need to have a long hard look at your life.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for the info, I am nearly put off it all already. I mean if he thinks I am going to go over there, man handle these people throw them out and gain control of properties its just not going to happen. If I have to go down the route of lawyers and all of that taking a long time I am not doing it for free. I mean if the guy is truly the owner, has all of the papers and this can get done without fear of danger then I would do it, but if this is going to involve mafia and all the other BS that comes with it then I will just tell them I can't do it and to find someone else.

dont be complettely put off. Just research it properly. It could be a walk in the park kicking out a bunch of piss takers , but as someone already said check the lawyers 1st and who these other people are, how are they connected and why they think they can get away with it... Most of these guys that say walk away are probabaly web designers or teachers or something like that and so would only want to work in that enviroment; if you're a bouncer..... bounce. just make sure its for the right reasons and your not bullshitted into doing something doggy for someone who is scared of the consequences themselves.

Sounds like a variation on the gem scam. A friend of a friend has a shop that sells 'genuine' sapphires, rubies, etc., and they are only $2.00 a carat, so you can buy thousands of $$ worth and make a fortune when you get home. Except.........it's sort of in the reverse. A friend of a friend is in jail, and he's suggesting you go to Thailand empty handed, evict some locals from a house that may be owned by the friend of a friend, that's the one in jail, live free and make some money by selling the property. Don't do it.

Let me say that again

DON'T DO IT !!

Yes, thanks for the info, I am nearly put off it all already. I mean if he thinks I am going to go over there, man handle these people throw them out and gain control of properties its just not going to happen. If I have to go down the route of lawyers and all of that taking a long time I am not doing it for free. I mean if the guy is truly the owner, has all of the papers and this can get done without fear of danger then I would do it, but if this is going to involve mafia and all the other BS that comes with it then I will just tell them I can't do it and to find someone else.

dont be complettely put off. Just research it properly. It could be a walk in the park kicking out a bunch of piss takers , but as someone already said check the lawyers 1st and who these other people are, how are they connected and why they think they can get away with it... Most of these guys that say walk away are probabaly web designers or teachers or something like that and so would only want to work in that enviroment; if you're a bouncer..... bounce. just make sure its for the right reasons and your not bullshitted into doing something doggy for someone who is scared of the consequences themselves.

I'm not a bouncer but I used to work in security but even so, I don't need or want the hassle of any trouble in Thailand really. I am still waiting to speak to the middle man to tell him I wont be getting involved in evicting people. I will though ask for more information on it all and what sort of evidence they have on whose properties they really are. A lot of judgmental people on this forum, yes the fella is in jail for something hes obviously done wrong but that doesn't mean that these houses are not 100% legally his. If anything develops on the story I will keep you updated.

epicstuff said, " just make sure its for the right reasons and your not bullshitted into doing something doggy for someone who is scared of the consequences themselves."

I've done a few DOGGY things in Thailand from time to time, but never dodgey!!
I know, I know. It's just a bit of fun.
Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Even 'bouncers' get bounced in Thailand...

Look at those Ozzie boys that got bounced out of the Kangaroo Bar..

Classic article heading though :)

This guy is your "friend" but you still need to confirm if he actually owns the houses??? Basically you're saying he might be lying to you about owning the houses, right? I think you are in way over your head here?