Cement Dust Health Risk At Pattaya School Number 11

webfact

Cement Dust Health Risk at Pattaya School Number 11

school-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Principal of a government-run school in Pattaya has complained to the local media after months of inaction by the City Authorities over complaints about a Cement Factory located next to the school which is seriously affecting the school and its students.

Khun Jirasak, the Principal of Pattaya School Number 11, located in Soi Nong Yai in North Pattaya, has been in conflict with a cement factory located next to the school for almost one year.

Complaints about cement dust generated by the factory affecting students and their health have been ignored by City Hall.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/88290/cement-dust-health-risk-pattaya-school-number-11/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-24

I worked for twelve years at a concrete company in the US. Cement dust is indeed a health hazard, and a batch plant should never be located near a school or health care facility. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is progressive and incurable. There was a grim unofficial statistic kept by workers at our company: Almost every retiree from there was dead within five years. I am in my fourth year...

Greed and human development are a recipe for disaster. Thailand is a hub for that.

Greedy Concrete CEO's, greedy School Directors, greedy City Planners and Mayors who approve zoning and building permits. Greed Greed Greed!!! All of them need the Chinese solution.

It's not as if these children were doing something bad which would hold back my sympathies. No! Rather they are going through the motions of getting an education and bettering Thailand. Spare the future and relocate the present is my verdict.