Where Is The Fastest Publicly Accessable Interenet In Bangkok?

trunknuk

Fastest ISP's in BKK: http://www.netindex.com/download/4,424/Bangkok/?tab=3   

Ok, does anyone know a inet shop served by fiber or where to asccess any of these top ISPs?  Proen Internet seems like the fastest ISP in Bangkok, anyone heard of them?

Proen is a datacenter, so a lot of the tests are probably done from servers on the datacenter.

They also do leased lines, but as these things can cost several ten thousands Baht/month, you're unlikely to find them in public places.

Practically, you'll be very lucky to find any place getting you 2 mbps upload. Which will only give you 0.9 GB per hour, or basically several hundreds of hours to upload a few hundred gigabyte.

I guess the fastest "home" internet package currently available would be True ultra high speed fiber with 100 mbps down and 15 mbps upload. Costs a cool 10,700 Baht/month though, and speeds only domestic,i.e. to servers within Thailand. To international servers you'd be lucky to get 30% of that speed.

And again, uploading several hundred gigabyte at max speed would render any connection virtually useless for several days on end, so no public place such as an internet cafe will allow such activity...

Big chunk of data like that, burn on a few blue rays and mail/fedex. Or put on a cheap 500Gb hard drive and mail/fedex...

• Like 1

There are a lot of Colo's, with servers in TOT/CAT/other's facilities, in metro Bangkok with multi-gigibit connections. Some offer hard-drive colo as well, so theory you could subscribe for a month, drop off a HDD, then use FTP to upload.

There are a lot of Colo's, with servers in TOT/CAT/other's facilities, in metro Bangkok with multi-gigibit connections. Some offer hard-drive colo as well, so theory you could subscribe for a month, drop off a HDD, then use FTP to upload.  

Yeah, but at 4000-5000 Baht/month, and likely plus set up fee, you can just as well buy a hard drive and fedex it...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My Colo charges 1,900 baht/month for a 4 HDD PC on 100 Mbps, 2,300 baht/month for the same 4 HDD PC on a 1 Gbps link, no set-up fees, and there are others that take just an HDD for a lot less. But agree that for a one-off, shipping a well-packed HDD is probably a better, albeit more expensive, option.