Android Mobile Tracking Software

Tywais

After reading a topic where a member's phone was stolen and he use tracking software to locate it including able to remotely photograph the individual it got me curious as to what is out there. Found a site with a list of 10+ tracking apps - Hongkiat

I just tried Android Lost (free) as it had remote install capability via Push so don't need the phone to install and seems to work nicely. Using only mobile tower cell triangulation, no GPS, it found my phone within 10 meters or less of my house. GPS can be remotely turned on also to get a more precise location. It requires having a Google account, but suspect most of them work this way.

Just wondering what tracking software other members are using and how well it performs.

Avast works great.

I only use the theft protection part and have uninstalled the virus scanner etc. part.

Yesterday came to Thailand and switched to Truemove H SIM. I wondering why my mobile data and wifi were turned on automaticaly, no matter my settings. Well - it was Avast. Didn't even remember I had it installed and it couldn't be removed or turned off from the phone.

My phone had sent the location of phone and warning of it being stolen through email. The phone was marked stolen at the web portal where it can be locked, wiped, traced etc. and there I could mark the phone "found" and register the new SIM as trusted.

So... seems to work well :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The phone was marked stolen at the web portal where it can be locked, wiped, traced etc. and there I could mark the phone "found" and register the new SIM as trusted.

Quick correction.

Have to mark SIM trusted from phone. Otherwise it will report it stolen again after reboot. But yeah, works well :-)