Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

A friend of mine on fbook wrote a comment where she was extremely angry and upset about something- without exactly stating what the problem was.

I wrote her a note asking if she was ok and what was wrong. She said

''Hi, I just met four Foreigners on street while I'm walking to go home they ask me to go with them,they give me money and I took them money and throw money in the bin in front of them to see that money cannot buy me and I'm not like a kind of women like that they said to me that money can buy everything no matter how hard it is so I'm happy to throw them money in the bin and see them pick it up,but at that time I feel so angry and hot inside can't stay calm,now I'm ok''

My friend is a classy girl and has extremely high integrity; and is a talented chef in Bangkok and works hard in her job. I can totally understand that she must have been insulted. If I had of been with her I obviously would have handled this situation and abused these immature guys.

If this happens to her again, how should a thai girl react to this situation in your opinion... (please refrain from troll comments as I want to let her read this thread)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame your friend for being offended- the guys were morons and its best to ignore idiots like that.

I hope your friend is also concerned with the rampant prostitution of Thai women both in country and around the world and willing to pay taxes to improve the (Thai) education system social safety network so the financial need to prostitute their bodies is greatly decreased...

• Like 2

Hard to say without knowing the full story.

I think it would depend a lot on the circumstances and the area where it happened.

If it is for example in a business district or on the sky train, the guys were way out of order!

I would not condone taking he money and throwing it in the bin tough. A verbal rebuke would have done. This is of course assuming no physical contact/intimidation happened.

If it happened for example just outside the nana plaza entrance, I'd say she has to grow some thicker skin. Unless the guys were really obnoxious or drunk, a friendly refusal would be all it takes! Lord knows what all the regular staff (hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc) have to endure, and they seem to handle it pretty ok!

It comes with the area, if she doesn't like it then such area's are best avoided.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I'd be just as inclined to aportion blame to the millions of thai women that have and do sell themselves for money and have given this wonderful place it's reputation that it is famous for worldwide.

Lets blame the forces that has caused these poor women to sell it.

There are scoundrels at the top that like it this way.

• Like 2

If this is what actually happened I feel very sad for the lady. Not saying she is in anyway to blame, regardless of where she was everyone has the right to walk anywhere without being propositioned in this type of way, having said that, I wonder why in the world would a "classy" lady except cash in hand only to throw it in a bin? Sounds very very strange to me..just saying

Edited by supaprik
  • Like 1

A simple 'no thank you' would be appropriate.

She over reacted and should be pleased that the guys found her attractive enough to want her.

• Like 1

Let them know she is calling the police for harassment. See how long they hang around and have 2nd thoughts about another victim. Either that, or kick them in the ... biggrin.png

Amusing story of my recent flight to Samui.

Flew out from U-Tapao on a BKK airways flight that was at best 30% full, I was seated in row 2 with my missus opposite us in row 2 were two guys of unknown ethnicity (English was not their native tongue but they could speak it)............ as the flight was preparing to land the very pretty cabin lady came to her seat to buckle in for landing upon which time one of the guys asked her how much for short time upon which him and his mate burst out laughing.

Stone cold faced she replied to him "Would you like to continue enjoying your holiday or would you like me to speak to the Captain and ask for the police to meet you when we land"............. guy went very pale faced and apologized profusely.

one of my ex's was BA crew

she was on a trip from Heathrow to LA

she was serving drinks over the aisle seat to the window seat

the occupant of the aisle seat took the opportunity to reach into her blouse and grab her boob

when he was told off by her he got more aggressive and loudly abused her

the crew restrained him, the captain was informed

they diverted and dropped him off in Nova Scotia

he had to pay the landing fees, fines, everything.....

its best to be respectful to women

wether it be on the ground or at 30,000 feet

• Like 1

Look, you can't blame a bunch of young, drunk tourists in Thailand. So they offered her money, she declined after firstly taking it from them then she gets upset and puts it on Facebook. So what. Least they didn't try and drag her away. Then that's a real problem.

• Like 1

If this is what actually happened I feel very sad for the lady. No saying she is in anyway to blame regardless of where she was, everyone has the right to walk anywhere without being propositioned in this type of way, having said that I wonder why in the world would a "classy" lady except cash in hand only to throw it in a bin? Sounds very very strange to me..just saying

A Thai would throw money (with the Kings picture) in a trash bin? 

I believe it. Seen a couple of Thais arguing in the street before and one threw some cash into a drain. Hotheadedness makes you do things on the spur of the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hard to say without knowing the full story.

I think it would depend a lot on the circumstances and the area where it happened.

If it is for example in a business district or on the sky train, the guys were way out of order!

I would not condone taking he money and throwing it in the bin tough. A verbal rebuke would have done. This is of course assuming no physical contact/intimidation happened.

If it happened for example just outside the nana plaza entrance, I'd say she has to grow some thicker skin. Unless the guys were really obnoxious or drunk, a friendly refusal would be all it takes! Lord knows what all the regular staff (hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc) have to endure, and they seem to handle it pretty ok!

It comes with the area, if she doesn't like it then such area's are best avoided.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

a sensible post

I don't quite understand why some people, mostly women, like to feel insulted in such a situation.

Why was ignoring the four farangs and forgetting about them at the next street corner not an option?

Maybe a psychiatrist can explain?

I don't believe the OP.

Thais don't disrespect money (with the King on)

Unless you're that fella who stood on a coin in work to save it rolling away from him.

It was in a thread a year or so ago, cracked me up that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app