Thai Beer Bars In General Compared To Cambodia

cMe2

Due to my work I have often frequented various establishments in Thailand Laos Cambodia Myanmar and Korea...some are better than others but opinons sought on your own experiences would be valued ...

To far eccentric for my taste are some of the Cam bodian client ele beer Lao has a true lager taste Incheon has far too many underade patrons and Pat ong ..sleazetastic..to the extreme..

^ Yeah, I buy a case and hangout with the local Motosai Taxi riders every Friday night.

Real Thailand.

Real respect.

Last time the GF and I had an argument in TH together we were staying in Sukhumvit for ease of access.. I walked out and got drunk with a motosai taxi driver on the corner of Soi 10 whilst we both had a moan in Thai about the red shirts taking business and disrupting the "sabai sabai" attitude of Bangkok! Ha ha, the best ever!

• Like 1

Do you mean Juicy bars in Korea?

Cambodia is the cheapest for beer booze women but I think the Philippines is 2nd in price .. Thailand is more touristy & abundant for all bars

If there's beer available, I am fine with hanging out in a squalid alleyway in any third world country.

you wouldn't be "fine" just hanging out in just some bar in alleyway in manila

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Thai Beer Bars In General Compared To Cambodia" is probably the wrong question, as I rate beer bars for the beer they sell and nothing else.

The common problem in hot countries with beer is, that the beer is being stored to long within high temperatures. Therefore it is indispensable to check the filling date of the bottle being consumed. The probability, that a beer is still fresh, if it has been filled lately, is much higher.

Beer which has been sitting in a shop somewhere, and is being imposed to high temperatures, i.e. 25 degrees or more, is dead, has lost its smoothness and turned bitter.

Beer out of big bottles tastes always better, than beer form small bottles. The sensitivity to heat differs in between brands. I.e. Beer Singh is more sensitive than LEO, Heineken, which I do not drink because of its missing character, is not sensitive, thanks to the excessive use of preservatives.

In the typical refrigerators which are designed to hold only bottles, the top shelves should be used to hold the beer, as the very low department sometimes develops temperatures underneath zero degrees, which will kill a beer immediately.

In my favorite Bars in Hat Yai, there are two sections inside the fridge for the beer, one contains the older beer, which is being sold to Thais, who mainly want to get "mau" on beer, and do not buy beer for the taste of it.

Sure thing, for some of us it is an ongoing research here in Hat Yai, where to buy the freshest beer.

"Thai Beer Bars In General Compared To Cambodia" is probably the wrong question, as I rate beer bars for the beer they sell and nothing else.

The common problem in hot countries with beer is, that the beer is being stored to long within high temperatures. Therefore it is indispensable to check the filling date of the bottle being consumed. The probability, that a beer is still fresh, if it has been filled lately, is much higher.

Beer which has been sitting in a shop somewhere, and is being imposed to high temperatures, i.e. 25 degrees or more, is dead, has lost its smoothness and turned bitter.

Beer out of big bottles tastes always better, than beer form small bottles. The sensitivity to heat differs in between brands. I.e. Beer Singh is more sensitive than LEO, Heineken, which I do not drink because of its missing character, is not sensitive, thanks to the excessive use of preservatives.

In the typical refrigerators which are designed to hold only bottles, the top shelves should be used to hold the beer, as the very low department sometimes develops temperatures underneath zero degrees, which will kill a beer immediately.

In my favorite Bars in Hat Yai, there are two sections inside the fridge for the beer, one contains the older beer, which is being sold to Thais, who mainly want to get "mau" on beer, and do not buy beer for the taste of it.

Sure thing, for some of us it is an ongoing research here in Hat Yai, where to buy the freshest beer.

Please tell me you are not serious.

I just can't tell.

How many are involved in this research project?

Any grant involved?

I just can't tell.

Any grant involved?

During the season we are four, currently only two. Our slogan is: "Life is too short to drink old beer". Sure, folks in BKK are more lucky, as they can get fresh supplies every day, and even have the chance to drink beer from the tab. Well, we can drink beer from the tab as well, but the you have to put up with the environment of the Novotel, its prices, and the chance is likely, that the beer is served with almost no CO2, and that the lines are not being cleaned on a regular basis, as it is law enforced in Germany. Therefore we care about bottled fresh beer.

Hat Yai is different. Beer is sitting in supermarkets for months, not cooled. I have seen beers lately dating back to October 2012! Nobody cares. But we, all Germans, are spoiled. Beer for us is fluid bread, a delicacy, and we want to enjoy it. Therefore, at the other end of the world, we try to make the best out of this situation

If others do not care about the true taste of fresh beer, that is none of our business. We do not even comment this. We let them have the old piss.

• Like 1

I just can't tell.

Any grant involved?

During the season we are four, currently only two. Our slogan is: "Life is too short to drink old beer". Sure, folks in BKK are more lucky, as they can get fresh supplies every day, and even have the chance to drink beer from the tab. Well, we can drink beer from the tab as well, but the you have to put up with the environment of the Novotel, its prices, and the chance is likely, that the beer is served with almost no CO2, and that the lines are not being cleaned on a regular basis, as it is law enforced in Germany. Therefore we care about bottled fresh beer.

Hat Yai is different. Beer is sitting in supermarkets for months, not cooled. I have seen beers lately dating back to October 2012! Nobody cares. But we, all Germans, are spoiled. Beer for us is fluid bread, a delicacy, and we want to enjoy it. Therefore, at the other end of the world, we try to make the best out of this situation

If others do not care about the true taste of fresh beer, that is none of our business. We do not even comment this. We let them have the old piss.

Your passion is to be admired, I fear however its an excercise in futility, to me all Thai beer is piss.

If there's beer available, I am fine with hanging out in a squalid alleyway in any third world country.

you wouldn't be "fine" just hanging out in just some bar in alleyway in manila

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oooooo! Scary! I better avoid Manila!

Have fun eating hot dogs and drinking Pepsi at Disneyland. That is right up your alley, "tough guy."

I just can't tell.

Any grant involved?

Your passion is to be admired, I fear however its an excercise in futility, to me all Thai beer is piss.

You are right. I would feel exactly the same, and if I would not know about the negligence of the Thais, how to handle beer, I would either drink piss or avoid it. Give it a shot. Make a blind testing of a bottle of i.e beer Singha having been exposed to heat for 4 weeks, and a freshly filled bottle right out of Boonrawd, preferably the 630ml one. I am well aware, that this country cannot be compared with Germany, when it comes down to the quality or the variety of beer available. The German brew-masters at Boonrawd study their job at Weihenstephan (There beer is being brewed since the year 1040), in Germany.

May be one reason, that this beer is the best you can buy in Thailand.

My Yen, My Ow. (Not Cold, Don't Want). That said ... If it's cold beer ... on any day, anywhere, I will drink it as long as it's not Chang smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by Dap