Storage Shed

tpthai2

Looking for a pre-fab outdoor storage shed to keep the paint, garden tools etc in.

Can't find a thing. RubberMade makes a great one but it seems not available here.

Any one have a suggestion? Much appreciated.

agreed; a nice little metal garden shed would go well.

I'm also looking out for shade cloth. Not the chewed up plastic bags they seem to use here, but properly woven shade cloth with grommets sewn in.

I fitted some on some west facing windows in Oz, and they looked good and worked well.

agreed; a nice little metal garden shed would go well.

I'm also looking out for shade cloth. Not the chewed up plastic bags they seem to use here, but properly woven shade cloth with grommets sewn in.

I fitted some on some west facing windows in Oz, and they looked good and worked well.

I cannot help with the storage shed question; I, too, had one built with cement blocks. But as for the canvas, you should be able to find what you're looking for at the tent and canvas shop on the south side of Highway 3029 just west of the Ping River. http://goo.gl/maps/rK7v2

The companies that produce the portable toilets could simply pull out the throne

and do well selling them as Garden Sheds.

One poster mentioned this would be a good business as it seems this

concept and product is not manufactured here. I agree and wonder

why not? Farang's tend to work in there yards, paint and maintain.

Thais will generally job that out to the local gardner and labor crews.

Never the less, as you drive around your moo-baan you consistently see

materials stacked along the driveways and in the corners of the properties.

The companies that produce the portable toilets could simply pull out the throne

I will keep looking and thank you for all the replies...

Not that difficult to make a metal one. A welder could put one together in sections that you could bolt together, or even with pieces that you could bolt together. Screw on the sheet metal sides and roof.

Have you ever thought of buying a 20 foot shipping container? You would need to contact some container companies and I am sure you would be able to buy one. If you go to Bangkok could look around Klong Dtoi. (bad spelling I know). Their are so many empty containers going to rust all over the world.

I will keep looking and thank you for all the replies...

Maybe someone could start up a nice little business, importing metal garden sheds.

While they're about it, they could import a few hundred Hills Rotary Hoists. If you're ozzie, you'll know exactly what I mean. The only other country I've seen them, in was Papua New Guinea!

Ran this by my wife once for our backyard out in the country. Her reply. No cannot, danger from the snake go inside. After 10 years together I've learned to laugh and only fight the battles I can win.

• 2 months later...

any updates on this? I have been looking for a prefab garden shed for 2 years.

Still looking as well. Surely there is a market here for such.

So many plastic injection molding companies in Thailand.

Look at this one from Rubbermaid. They make several sizes,

this is there big one.

On the 118 (on the left side) on the way to doi saket there is a place that sells small wooden bungalows.

Not cheap though, i think they are 100k and up, but would also double as a nice beer drinking shed since they also have structures with balconies.

You could also stick the mother inlaw inside during visits.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello, better late the never.... I have been doing research for lawn, garden sheds and found some being sold at Home-Pro they are made by Keter. I found them on there on line shopping sight, there not that cheap. I was trying to fide out how much they were there or if it would be better to get one here before the move and just put it in the container with some of our other stuff we are bringing. I know that I will be getting a gas BBQ here before the move because they are almost $4-5 hundred dollars more there for the same model here,...lol here are some prices on the sheds there at Home-Pro, in Baht : 6x3=29,999 (non Keter), 6x3=35,220 , 6x6=44,999 , and 8x12=89,990 Keter Summit.. hope this helps you and others.... I'm serious thinking of having one built on sight with block and tile roof to match house, it just might be cheaper.. LOL wai2.gifclap2.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by rsbg1

A very long time ago Makro was selling plastic garden sheds

I kick myself for not buying it when I saw it

Next time I went back it had gone...sold

They must be available in Thailand

Friend had a small plastic shed a few years ago although not sure he bought from Makro.

It didn't take long before is was faded and the plastic was getting brittle. Sun just too strong here.

• Like 1

Hello, better late the never.... I have been doing research for lawn, garden sheds and found some being sold at Home-Pro they are made by Keter. I found them on there on line shopping sight, there not that cheap. I was trying to fide out how much they were there or if it would be better to get one here before the move and just put it in the container with some of our other stuff we are bringing. I know that I will be getting a gas BBQ here before the move because they are almost $4-5 hundred dollars more there for the same model here,...lol here are some prices on the sheds there at Home-Pro, in Baht : 6x3=29,999 (non Keter), 6x3=35,220 , 6x6=44,999 , and 8x12=89,990 Keter Summit.. hope this helps you and others.... I'm serious thinking of having one built on sight with block and tile roof to match house, it just might be cheaper.. LOL wai2.gifclap2.gifbiggrin.png

Have proper one built with bricks and mortar. Mine is 8x14 feet and cost me less than 18,000, albeit that was three years ago so material prices have risen. Should last forever in comparison to wood or plastic. Don't know how i could live without it now.