What 3Bb Package ?

delboy

I used to be on 3BB Premier until they withdrew the service from this area, and I was forced to switch to TOT Air OS system, the only alternative.

Now the TOT system has deteriorated and I have discovered that 3BB is now available again.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to run torrents on the 3BB 10Mb, 13Mb package, or the Premier package?

There is no viable alternative to TOT or 3BB here.

Thanks.

I'm on what used to be called the 9 megabit service, but my modem says I'm connected at 14 mbps and can d/l well seeded torrents at about 1.5 megabytes/sec max.

Same here. They automatically upgraded the 9mbps service to 13+ about a year ago. Also get the same d/l of 1.5+ MB/s and if it is a Thai torrent site it flat tops for the full time at that. Of course this is dependent on location, how many sharing etc. This is in Chiang Mai and on 3BB dedicated cable line and not phone line.

Thanks for the info. At the moment, on TOT, I download at about 700kB/s. Speed is not a big factor for me as most of my downloads are overnight, but when I was on the normal 3BB service a few years ago, it was impossible to use torrents, and I had to switch to Premier, hence my question.

I wonder why they offer a Premier service. I realise that you get less users sharing the line, but for 5Mb it's very expensive.

Thanks for the info. At the moment, on TOT, I download at about 700kB/s. Speed is not a big factor for me as most of my downloads are overnight, but when I was on the normal 3BB service a few years ago, it was impossible to use torrents, and I had to switch to Premier, hence my question.

I wonder why they offer a Premier service. I realise that you get less users sharing the line, but for 5Mb it's very expensive.

I believe the consensus on Thaivisa is that the Premier service offers un-throttled international speeds.

My own international speed test to Parsippany (here):

3386.png - that was a good result for me!

As relating to the last post. Ive been using 3BB premier for 3 years now and ive had at least more than 90% success in terms of the advertised speed. Keep in mind though during that time new lines were installed in my house. even during peak periods its been good. Price sucks but its very reliable in my experience and im still willing to pay that as long as its consistent

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am moving house to Mabprachan area. We will be behind where Mulligans restaurant used to be South east side of the lake I guess would be the best description on the road that leads to Plantation golf course. Anyone use 3Bb out that way & have an indication of what it is like. I had heard that internet not great out there.

I know of some houses along SCC Rd just before the lake that are using the 3Bb premier service & are getting great connection speeds suitable for all live streaming.