House In Phuket!

Mods I know I am posting this in the wrong place. So if you are going to move it just shut it down I already have it posted in the phuket forumn.

It is just that nobody is reading over there :D

So I am looking for a little advice on buying a house in mountains near in around Phuket.

I am looking to spend about 4 mil. There is quite a laundry list of the tips I need but I also want to hear you experiences with buying property in Thailand.

The laundry list.

Property ownership

Loans

Taxes

And any other money pitfalls?

Thanks in advance :o

Hi Bigman, I moved it here as all these lads are top draw, good luck with the build.

FTH

I am in the same situation, but a specific area of questions:

I want to buy land that is not on the market. I am willing to pay above market rates for it, but do not want to pay double. Can anyone recommend an agent who will REPRESENT MY interests, and not his own - advise me on valuation, negociate with the owner etc. Thai nationality agent in thai firm would be preferred, but integrity is the key element. Thanks, Ryan

ME TOO!....in the same situation. We're planning to move there 2 more yrs

This is just the first step for all of us planning to move there,....is it so exciting?

But we're not looking in Phuket though. Let's just say being an american...I'm a bit scare of living in the southern part. In addition from our experiences we think the thais on the rest of main land are nicer and friendlier folks. It's just our opinion exclusively.

We had spent 3 weeks this past X'mas in thailand and didn't see anything we like. So we will be in thailand again at the year end for another 4 weeks....hunting for the property..... again!. But we're looking to build our own not buying in to those subdivision/mobaans though. I think they're always over priced.

So...We will be on the road most of the times, driving from Rayong - BangSaray - Jomtien -SriRacha - Bangsan - Kanchanaburi - ChaAm - HuaHin....during that 4 weeks! We're not quite sure yet at this point as where is the best place for us. Once we see it we will know. Hopefully will get something this time. We will keep our eyes on anything that for sale, espectially "for sale by owner".

Anyway best of luck to everybody.....hope you guys will get what you're looking for

BKK

Edited by BKK90210

Mods I know I am posting this in the wrong place. So if you are going to move it just shut it down I already have it posted in the phuket forumn.

It is just that nobody is reading over there :D

So I am looking for a little advice on buying a house in mountains near in around Phuket.

I am looking to spend about 4 mil. There is quite a laundry list of the tips I need but I also want to hear you experiences with buying property in Thailand.

The laundry list.

Property ownership

Loans

Taxes

And any other money pitfalls?

Thanks in advance :o

What is your personal position? Married to thai, thai partner, single? When you say "Loans" do you mean for purchase? You will get lots of advice reading other threads re. the pitfalls.

andrew, do you mean in Phuket?

As a general opinion most of the best land or house deals are off the main routes, sometimes, as where I live, only 2 kilometres.But unless you know where to look, from local knowledge, impossible to find. Most people berate Realtors on this Forum, but it is difficult when there is a total absence.

I've always found that the best way to find land in Phuket is first to choose an area that you like and then find a Thai person (taxi driver/friend etc) and drive round that area. Just about everywhere you will see signs posted on trees with 'Land for Sale' and a phone number. The Thai person can then call the number and find out the land size, price and (very important) type of title etc.

You won't find many bargains as most Thais know what the 'bloke in the next village' sold his land for and they want the same but you've more chance of finding decent value land this way than you have by using a broker/agent.

Which area of Phuket are you interested in? I have bought and built in various parts of the island so I have an approximate idea of what you can get for your money in different areas.

I am married to a Thai lady. Money making in the states is not good right now or should I say money saving we only have 1 M. B to put down on a house right now and I guess we are looking in about the 4 M B range. We are in the states now waiting on the missus green card so in the future we will not have a problem traveling. We are trying to get some property lined up that we might already be interrested in and we might be able to get parole you mom is sick :D And look at the propery before we buy. My wife and talked about this and we think my Brother in law get a loan for the land. Or should I say she thinks. I am not sure his job is not going to pay the payments. But I do not know if they care as long as they are being made. I don't know how the loan system works there, if it works like it does here he will not be able to ge a loan on it. Then we will just have to wait. I just fear with the dollar going down and the land prices going up in Thailand I will just to have to pay so much more :o But it if it come to that so be it. right now just looking for info so anyone put your two cents in. :D

I am married to a Thai lady. Money making in the states is not good right now or should I say money saving we only have 1 M. B to put down on a house right now and I guess we are looking in about the 4 M B range. We are in the states now waiting on the missus green card so in the future we will not have a problem traveling. We are trying to get some property lined up that we might already be interrested in and we might be able to get parole you mom is sick :D And look at the propery before we buy. My wife and talked about this and we think my Brother in law get a loan for the land. Or should I say she thinks. I am not sure his job is not going to pay the payments. But I do not know if they care as long as they are being made. I don't know how the loan system works there, if it works like it does here he will not be able to ge a loan on it. Then we will just have to wait. I just fear with the dollar going down and the land prices going up in Thailand I will just to have to pay so much more :o But it if it come to that so be it. right now just looking for info so anyone put your two cents in. :D

1 million baht isn't going to go far in Phuket I'm afraid. It would maybe get you about 1 rai in the north east of the island but well away from the coast (an upcoming area), or a much smaller piece of land elsewhere. Maybe it would be an idea to get the land now (as land prices are going up probably about 30% per year at least) and then you could save up to build a house on it.

1 million baht isn't going to go far in Phuket I'm afraid. It would maybe get you about 1 rai in the north east of the island but well away from the coast (an upcoming area), or a much smaller piece of land elsewhere. Maybe it would be an idea to get the land now (as land prices are going up probably about 30% per year at least) and then you could save up to build a house on it.

Well what I was looking at possibly is putting a mil down having the brother in law finance the 3 mil

Well what I was looking at possibly is putting a mil down having the brother in law finance the 3 mil

Normally 70% maximum banks will go on mortgages. Quite possible for loan to be in brother-in-law's name, but you will likely have to try around a few banks as I did. He would probably need an income of 25,000 baht a month for a loan as high as this! (It is much easier if he works for the Government or in in the Armed Forces) If you were living in Thailand they would likely accept you as guarantor, but otherwise you might require another relative with a good income.You will probably have looked at the other threads with the pitfalls. A major one with the brother-in-law route is, if he died would his heir be as honorable. Make sure your wife is named in a Will!

Well he does not make 25 a month. He does not work with the goverment. He has good relationship with his boss who seems to have a lot of money. So I think is boss is going to Gaurntee the loan. Not sure though We might just buy the peice of land for the 1 mil. Build later.

Well he does not make 25 a month. He does not work with the goverment. He has good relationship with his boss who seems to have a lot of money. So I think is boss is going to Gaurntee the loan. Not sure though We might just buy the peice of land for the 1 mil. Build later.

That may be the safest bet. There are plenty of nice sized building plots in the north of the island for that price.

Hi Bigman, I moved it here as all these lads are top draw, good luck with the build.

FTH

Thai nationality agent in thai firm would be preferred, but integrity is the key element. Thanks, Ryan

Curiously, why would you prefer a Thai national + Thai firm?

:o

FTH

Thai nationality agent in thai firm would be preferred, but integrity is the key element. Thanks, Ryan

Curiously, why would you prefer a Thai national + Thai firm?

:o

I do not know why he would prefer Thai. But I am thinking that I am going to have my brother in law by from thai because of the price.