Giant Spider

Was sitting on the patio for dinner and this giant spider came running (<deleted>$#@ing fast!) past my feet into the house. Was about the size of my hands. Mrs. raro sitting next to me. I ask her if she saw that one, answer "yes". Nothing more. If we can maybe try to get rid of it...no...no need, brings good luck. I should just check my shoes tomorrow... :o

Any idea what that was and how to get rid of it?

Raro,

We see them all the time, but less since we’ve had the cats, at least live ones that is. This is one from October, killed by one of the pussies.

BTW, back from the two week break in cold Europe, and your kittens should be ready to leave home in about 6 weeks. Congrats on your wedding while I was away, and hopefuly see you in a few days.

Mike.

post-4109-1143403778_thumb.jpg

Don't think it was a tarantula. Same overall size, but the body was smaller and it had a grey/brownish colour. Not black. Whatever it was, it disappeared in the kitchen, I closed the door and this morning I couldn't see it anymore. Hiding behind the fridge, I guess.

Mike: Can't wait for the cats to be ready to look after the beast.

I cant say that I really get scared by spiders but looking at that website, I certainly wouldn't want one of them crawling over me at night. Are any of them poisonous? I heard that caterpillars are bad news, does anyone know which ones in particular?

Edited by falangaman