Bangkok Administration To Use Laws To Force Protesters Out Of Sanam Luang

webfact

BMA to use laws to force protesters out of Sanam Luang

BANGKOK, 28 May 2013 (NNT) - Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra has asserted that the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) does not support the ongoing demonstration at Sanam Luang, warning that participants will face punishments if they do not relocate.

MR Sukhumbhand on Monday spoke of the demonstration by the Thai Patriots Network, confirming that the group would have to vacate the site as he had sent BMA officers to put up an announcement that legal actions would be taken against the demonstrators. Nonetheless, he vowed that the BMA would not resort to force.

The anti-government civil network has been protesting against the Phra Viharn Temple case at Sanam Luang since April this year.

MR Sukhumbhand said rallying at Sanam Luang was prohibited as the place was near the Grand Palace. No matter which group the protesters belonged to, they would not be allowed to use the area and would have to abide by the laws, he insisted.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-28 footer_n.gif

In a country where face matters, i would have though they would try to negotiate something behind closed doors.

Because now if the group moves, they loose their face, if the group does not, administration will.

• Like 1

You better leave...you better leave....if you don't I'm going to get really mad...please, please won't you leave. OK, they are not leaving...I've filed a police complaint and the police still don't do nothing...I guess I will bump this problem up to Yinluck's level...please, please won't you leave. I give up.

• Like 1

If the protesters believe its a true cause, all that'll happened is a bigger crowd later. Things have to be negotiated and a solution must be found. I am sorry to see things might be getting out of hand, for both parts and we innocent must will be hurt in the end.

Can we have a bit more clarity from the BMA on why it doesn't support the protesters at Sanam Luang, the red shirts had a shindig the other week, about an obscure anniversary of some sort, so, show us your hand , you either tolerate no protests or they may protest, nothing in between.coffee1.gif

Can we have a bit more clarity from the BMA on why it doesn't support the protesters at Sanam Luang, the red shirts had a shindig the other week, about an obscure anniversary of some sort, so, show us your hand , you either tolerate no protests or they may protest, nothing in between.coffee1.gif

I don't think they have a problem with them protesting. It's the 6 weeks that they have a problem with.

• Like 1

I don't think they have a problem with them protesting. It's the 6 weeks that they have a problem with.

Nothing wrong with a bit of spirit , seen it once a few years back , they were so happy , they burnt down a block.

• Like 1

You better leave...you better leave....if you don't I'm going to get really mad...please, please won't you leave. OK, they are not leaving...I've filed a police complaint and the police still don't do nothing...I guess I will bump this problem up to Yinluck's level...please, please won't you leave. I give up.

The BMA says no force will be used but just how are they going to get the protestors out if they flatly refuse to move ? All the court orders in the world mean nothing unless they are enforced. Will the BMA try to make conditions intolerable, prevent food etc being taken in and other such tactics which could take time ? Looks like everyone has painted themselves into a corner.

Did this protest group start launching grenades at Public transport yet? Did they build barricades from sharpened bamboo? Did they place gas canisters inside the barricades yet? Did they start using hate rhetoric and lies against the government yet (probably did this one already - lol) Did they have Armed guards defending the barricades/borders of their protest camp yet? Did they start burning down buildings yet?

If not, put up and shut up!

But seriously, if the BMA promise no use of force, what is the motivation to depart?

I'd have thought we will resort to force once all legal steps have been taken, meaning the bulldozers will roll in after 2 weeks if you have not heeded our warnings would have been better...