Logging In.

Rooo

Hi guys,

I have a PC, can't log into anything at all. Refuses to accept passwords, keeps telling me incorrect passwords. They are all ok as they function perfectly on Laptop.

I have ran virus scans etc......, to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Have you tried different browser to see if its just related to your main browser? id try the big 3 IE, Firefox and Chrome and if it happens on all 3 then it is most likely a virus of some kind, if it doesnt happen on all 3 and only on the one then delete all cache/history and try again, if still the same delete the browser profile which mainly is in a folder accessible by typing %appdata% into a window then look for a profile folder of some kind delete it and reboot machine, worst case in deleteing a profile will just remove bookmarks and history in the case of firefox it will delete addons on also, chrome syncs extensions so if you delete profile then login the extensions will come back again

There was some good advices how to troubleshoot the problem.

Also check that your keyboard configuration is the same for browser window as well as for the notepad. (I guess this depends of the OS you are using). You can check that by writing as browser URL: data:text/html, <html contenteditable>

The as said. It could be a user/password logging virus or man in the middle attack. Check that there is https when you connect to facebook or gmail for example. If not, do not put your password.

If you fail to find the reason, change browser / PC and change all at least all the passwords you have tried.

Unplug the commuter from power! Open the computer case. Look for a round battery. Pop it out and when you do note the battery type number (2032...2033 etc.) Write that down on the inside cover for later. Batteries after a few years go bad. Replace the battery making sure you have the plus and minus correct and close the computer. Reboot. You might need to reset the Bios but don;pt think so That should clear all passwords. If it doesn't you need to go into the control panel and check to see what the keyboard setting is. I need to know more about your computer to help you more. OS you're using would help.

Unplug the commuter from power! Open the computer case. Look for a round battery. Pop it out and when you do note the battery type number (2032...2033 etc.) Write that down on the inside cover for later. Batteries after a few years go bad. Replace the battery making sure you have the plus and minus correct and close the computer. Reboot. You might need to reset the Bios but don;pt think so That should clear all passwords. If it doesn't you need to go into the control panel and check to see what the keyboard setting is. I need to know more about your computer to help you more. OS you're using would help.

I don't think he should do any of that until he's checked his keyboard settings!

Rooo, I presume the virus scans that you ran were all "offline" scans, booting from a CD or thumb drive, otherwise how did you log in to do them?

Thanks for all the suggestions. After spending some time running scans etc... it was the firewall.

After the power surges we had down south, I sent it for repairs, firewall decided to block. All fied now.

Thank you again.

Thanks for all the suggestions. After spending some time running scans etc... it was the firewall.

After the power surges we had down south, I sent it for repairs, firewall decided to block. All fied now.

Thank you again.

All except for your "x" key.
  • Like 1