Gaming Pc,does Anyone Knows...

GotR1GHT

... any shop where i can finance a gaming PC? I mean buy it and pay every month for it. I want to get a 35.000-40.000 baht PC but all websites that i look have really bad configs with gt640 and similiar.Yes for 40k i can buy parts and make top end gaming pc,but as for now it would be easier if i pay every month for it(40k for 4-6months). Prebuilts pc that i look are jokes,30-40k they put really shitty gpu,cpu's etc.I realize i would be paying a few thousands baht more than if i choose part myself but as far if config are good i don't mind.

The CPU in a gaming PC is not that important. For that reason, an OEM PC with upgrades isn't that bad a choice.

First get an i3 big box computer.

Next month upgrade the PSU.

Next add a 10,000 baht graphics card.

Next add an SSD.

Dada! Gaming PC.

Agreed GPU is more important than CPU in a gaming rig, SSD is a must and a good amount of Fast RAM is a must too.

But don't neglect the CPU, get the fastest you can afford... but if necessary you can scale back *a little* on the CPU

The only way you would be able to get finance that I know of is with a Thai credit card so unless you are working here I dont think you can do that. Looks like you will have to save up for a few months.

I would say 40k is the roof for your budget, no need to spend more, mine was about 35k, its an i7 with 8GB ram and a GTX660Ti 2GB (the most important part as others said above), and then I bought mid range motherboard etc, get a good tower though with plenty of vents especially at the front with a fan. This was back in Oct last year so probably already cheaper now. I chose all the parts at Banana IT (most malls have one) and they assembled it for free. It runs all the top games in terms of graphics such as BF3, Far Cry 3 and Arama 2/3 on high to max settings without a problem cool.png

I do not have a SSD hd though, so does this make games run faster? How?

The only way you would be able to get finance that I know of is with a Thai credit card so unless you are working here I dont think you can do that. Looks like you will have to save up for a few months.

I would say 40k is the roof for your budget, no need to spend more, mine was about 35k, its an i7 with 8GB ram and a GTX660Ti 2GB (the most important part as others said above), and then I bought mid range motherboard etc, get a good tower though with plenty of vents especially at the front with a fan. This was back in Oct last year so probably already cheaper now. I chose all the parts at Banana IT (most malls have one) and they assembled it for free. It runs all the top games in terms of graphics such as BF3, Far Cry 3 and Arama 2/3 on high to max settings without a problem cool.png

Yeah i would finance it through my girlfriends credit card because it would be a lot harder for me unless i pay in cash. I would probably go with new haswell i5 4670 non k,maybe gtx770 or even can wait if amd will put new gpu on scene(hearing rumurs about hd8000). But the big problem is nobody is selling pre-built decent gaming pc's,so i don't even have the option except building my own.I wouldn't mind even get a shit Alienware,but here price is100.000baht which is nonsence.

I was thinking to get prebuilt i5,8gb ram,some gtx770/7970ghz for 45.000baht(as long its monthly payment).I was hoping to find somewhere store that sells something like that but what i found is only really shitty below gtx640/7570 specs for 50-70k. Well i guess i'll have to wait few months to buy it.

One more thing. I noticed from your previous posts they you owned xbox360 also.So probably you have online game experience with both. Maybe if you can tell me if you can compare both pc and console which has most player base here and around SEA? With games like bf3,gta,far cry,fifa/pes and other modern games.

( i would't have problem with that in europe but here i don't know how things stands with player bases)

Edited by GotR1GHT

Just go to any banana IT and tell them what you want. It honestly depends on what kind of level of gaming you want to be doing. E.g. do you want to play games like Skyrim at 60 FPS on a 1080p screen or do you not mind playing games with the settings a little lower. You can honestly just build yourself a computer for around 18-22 k and still play all of the newest games today. And as for consoles i'd say PS3s are a better choice for online gaming here as the xbox doesn't really have a following here in SEA. As for financing, there's really nothing except using credit cards, unless you buy a pre-built name brand PC and just upgrade the graphics card.

• Like 1

I recently upgraded to a gigabyte z77x mb, a cheap radeon hd 6870, i5 3570k oc at 3.8ghz, 8 gig kingston ddr 3 1600 ram and a 128 gig ssd hd with a 2tb sata hd. I kept the power supply, tower, monitor from an old celeron box and I canrun all the latest games in normal-high settings (bioshock 3, grid 2, tomb raider..) in 1920x1080. I bought all the parts between jjb and bana it, imo the expensive top line gfx card are just a waste of money so you can feel good putting all the settings to max :rolleyes:

Edited by yoslim

Yeah i would finance it through my girlfriends credit card because it would be a lot harder for me unless i pay in cash. I would probably go with new haswell i5 4670 non k,maybe gtx770 or even can wait if amd will put new gpu on scene(hearing rumurs about hd8000). But the big problem is nobody is selling pre-built decent gaming pc's,so i don't even have the option except building my own.I wouldn't mind even get a shit Alienware,but here price is100.000baht which is nonsence.

I was thinking to get prebuilt i5,8gb ram,some gtx770/7970ghz for 45.000baht(as long its monthly payment).I was hoping to find somewhere store that sells something like that but what i found is only really shitty below gtx640/7570 specs for 50-70k. Well i guess i'll have to wait few months to buy it.

One more thing. I noticed from your previous posts they you owned xbox360 also.So probably you have online game experience with both. Maybe if you can tell me if you can compare both pc and console which has most player base here and around SEA? With games like bf3,gta,far cry,fifa/pes and other modern games.

( i would't have problem with that in europe but here i don't know how things stands with player bases)

Yes used to have an Xbox 360, then a PS3 which I still own, then got back into PCs in October last year. When you are out here in Asia online gaming is harder then the west do being able to pick and choose the servers you connect to like you can only do in PC games is far better than with consoles

I recently upgraded to a gigabyte z77x mb, a cheap radeon hd 6870, i5 3570k oc at 3.8ghz, 8 gig kingston ddr 3 1600 ram and a 128 gig ssd hd with a 2tb sata hd. I kept the power supply, tower, monitor from an old celeron box and I canrun all the latest games in normal-high settings (bioshock 3, grid 2, tomb raider..) in 1920x1080. I bought all the parts between jjb and bana it, imo the expensive top line gfx card are just a waste of money so you can feel good putting all the settings to max rolleyes.gif

Yes and no. I have found that with the multi platform titles such as Far Cry 3 even when you put them on max settings they dont look that much better but this is more than likely due to the fact that they are built for the consoles first and not PCs. Try running a game like Arma 2 where there is theoretically no limit on what can be going on at the same time on your i5 and see what happens, even on my rig when there are planes and choppers all over the place, hundreds of npcs etc I cant run it on max settings without it getting laggy