Lack Of Chicken Sauce Led To Shootout In Pattaya

webfact

Lack Of Chicken Sauce Led To Shootout

PATTAYA: -- A customer reportedly shot a chicken rice vendor in fury after the vendor refused to give him more chicken sauce for his dish.

The incident took place at "Boss Chicken Rice" store in Banglamung, Chonburi province. Upon arriving at the scene, police found bullet holes in the gates and pots of the store, while 7 cases of 9 m.m. bullet were scattered on the floor.

Mr. Sakpadung Benjakul, 35, the owner of the dining shop, was waiting for police, with a slight wound on the left side of his head. He said the incident began when a Thai citizen, approximately 30 year old, arrived at the store with his girlfriend.

After ordering the chicken rice, the man asked for more chicken sauce, but Mr. Sakpadung refused.

Afterwards, according to Mr. Sakpadung, he was collecting the empty dishes around the suspect′s table for washing, but his hand accidentally knocked off the chicken sauce bowl on the suspect′s table, spilling the rest of the sauce.

The man then became angry, Mr. Sakpadung said, thinking the owner deliberately provoked him.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNMk9UYzBOekE0T0E9PQ

-- Khaosod Online 2013-05-29

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

traffic checkpoints should search for weapons, wondering how many register will be found

I live in east Pattaya, away from the City,and they have regular road blocks every night that change location,They are not worried about helmets etc that,s done in the day time by the city police who come over and get a lot of tea money, the local police + volunteers are mainly after guns and drugs,and they are doing a good job.clap2.gif

• Like 2

I've felt like spraying KFC with an Uzi myself, when I see the size of those plastic dishes they give for the sauce. Posted Image

But you can get up and get more... lazy. Lazy

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

I spilled a plate of food on a college professor of mine. He took two years to give me a grade for his course. Don't be a klutz!

I hope it wasn't a course in Etiquette.

Economics actually. It didn't help the prof was a communist and I did a capitalist analysis of the American mass market BEER industry.

But it wasn't a small spill. It was a large tray of cafeteria food and it went directly on him! Careers have been ruined for less, I'm sure.

Edited by Jingthing

A HOT topic about HOT sauce and HOT tempers in a HOT restaurant in a HOT climate whatever next biggrin.png

A HOT moderator getting HOT under the collar about a saucy off topic comment?

Edited by gmac

I bet the guy will think twice when someone asks for a bit of extra sauce. Hasnt he heard the customer is always right?

In Pattaya, the customer is often wrong, in the way or just plain inconsiderate for expecting service. Haven't you felt like you were intruding when a shop assistant is busy preening and you approach for help, only to be given attitude?

• Like 2

Actually this shop owner is a very nice Thai man. I've eaten at his shop alot of time. I own a shop a few bldg over. Some of your comments are just out of place guys. If you don't know don't bad mouth someone.

For your information for all of you, the sauce being refered to is in a glass covered jar on every table along with Chilly sauce , sugar and your normal Thai condiments. The shop owner doesn't refuse to give sauce or more chicken or more rice to anyone. The portions of the meal are standard and filling. Every story you read has 3 sides to it. What is said what the victim says and what the accuse says.

No one deserves to get shot. Enough said. More to the story that police are telling me is that the young couple eating "requesting " for more sauce is not even the accused who shot the owner. A car driving by carried out the shooting. Was it the couple who called someone who knows !

• Like 2