Thai Banks

seajae

I emailed the Bangkok Bank on Monday to see how to get my access id and code for my account(online) as my hard drive xxxx itself and everything was stored on it( it is still under warranty so I dint expect it to stop working) but as yet nothing from them. Do these institutions have people that understand/can read english or are they just ignorant, I can contact my aussie bank and get an answer inside 24 hours. I would go to my local bank branch but no one there speaks english and my wife doesnt get home till after it closes.What is it with banks and Thailand, my aussie bank has sent 2 replacement visa cards that never arrived, the post office told me that one of their workers probably stole them but they would do nothing to help, now this, I thought Thailand was supposed to be preparing for ASEAN yet they have govt institutions that cannot even answer an email in english, is this the way of it here????????????????

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out.

this is Thailand not Australia everyone here has had some sort of trouble with the banks . Please lets not start a topic on Thai banks as it will be a number one best seller. hope things work out for you with the bank

Moving to a 3th world country and expecting 1. world service?? In your dreams! rolleyes.gif

Instead of wasting your time starting a topic on the subject, why not use the same time to find their customer-service ph-number?? And yes they speak English.

It won't help you now but it will for the next time - have you ever heard about backing up your data?

Go to the Internet/computer forum lots of topics with everybody advocating multiple back ups.

You should only be mad at yourself as it's not the bank that has lost your info - it's you.....