Thai Passport Renewal & Mfa

good evening,

we are travelling back to bkk tomorrow for a short break; if anyone could advise on these points I would be most obliged;

my wife's passport expires in feb next year, so would it be a good idea to renew it on this trip as I think we wont be there again before expire date?

also, when we were married many years ago, we never got the translation of the thai marriage cert certified by the MFA; is there any reason why this would be worth doing?

kind regards and thanks in advance

She could renew her passport at the Thai Embassy in the country where you live; but she would need to attend in person for biometrics.

She would also need to do this if she renewed it in Thailand, but it would be quicker and cheaper there.

But, I understand that the earliest Thai passports can be renewed is 6 months before they expire. May be wrong on that point, though.

As for your Thai marriage certificate, difficult to answer as you don't say where you live nor her status in that country!

If living in the UK then there is no need as far as the UK is concerned to have the translation certified by the Thai MFA. But it is a requirement when applying for a Schengen visa.

But you say you married many years ago, so if you are in the UK what is her status? FLR? ILR? Naturalised British?

If she is now a British citizen then, of course, she should use her British passport to travel in Europe so wont need a Schengen visa.

If you live elsewhere, then I can't answer the question.

Edited by 7by7

In which case: หนังสือเดินทาง Passport

I see from your post in another topic that she has been living in the UK for 4 years.

Assuming that you are a British citizen then, assuming all the other requirements are met, she is eligible to apply for naturalisation.

May be an idea to do this before the new language requirements come into force in October this year.