Help Me Solve A Mystery

Seems like you have that white powder mildew in the hedge,

Best to cut all the branches out that have the mildew, and then burn them. If not removed the mildew can spread to other trees near-by.

I have used a spray made by Bayer called Sevin85 which seems to kill off the the insect that causes the mildew.

Also good for hedges,trees and shrubs to keep the pests away.

BAYBOY

Seems like you have that white powder mildew in the hedge,

Best to cut all the branches out that have the mildew, and then burn them. If not removed the mildew can spread to other trees near-by.

I have used a spray made by Bayer called Sevin85 which seems to kill off the the insect that causes the mildew.

Also good for hedges,trees and shrubs to keep the pests away.

BAYBOY

Thanks for your help I will give it a trywai2.gif

This is probably better off in the plants forum as it's not really farming related. So let's move this topic over there. OK?

Topic Moved.

Craig do you have a clue as to what the hedge is, let alone the condition? Why move the topic? We farmers have PLANTS TOO!

Picture is too small to see details, but looks like mealy bugs. Nothing left to do but to chop and burn the whole hedge, no way to save it. Replace it by plants which are immune against this pest, like Ixora or Bamboos.

Looks like bugs/caterpillars damage of some type.

Soapy water may well be a cure.

If fungal in nature there will be store bought sprays that help or cutting out the offending section and burning the cuttings to reduce further infection would be wise.

This is probably better off in the plants forum as it's not really farming related. So let's move this topic over there. OK?

Topic Moved.

Craig do you have a clue as to what the hedge is, let alone the condition? Why move the topic? We farmers have PLANTS TOO!

Yes, and farmers also have motorcycles, but we don't put all the bike posts here either, do we?

This topic was reported by a few members with a suggestion to move it to this forum. Since they are regulars on both forums, I took their advice and moved the topics. Hope everybody understands....well...at least most.

wai2.gif

P.S. I'll leave this post even though it violates forum rules to not discuss moderation in public.