Big Shoe Size

HOOD Robin

Hi guys -- this might sound little bit hilarious, but i guess that many foreigners face the same problem...

Can anyone tell me WHERE in Pattaya are shops where one can buy Large shoes (incl. sports shoes) ?

i'm talking about (European)size 46-47-48

Thanks in advance

BATA ... shoe shop have those sizes located in shopping malls in Pattaya

Really? I have tried before but they never seem to have my size ... 46.

I always get the "have big size... no problem" and they come with size 44 telling me to try. I can just squeeze my big toe in.

I usually end up buying in Central and paying a fortune for the latest models.

There was a shoestore inside MBK a few years ago, not sure if its still there.

No problem to find shoes sizes EU 46-48 . I think it was in 3rd floor.

euh...... what is MBK ?

thanks to all for your reply......

@petedk: LOL... i also faced these "jokes" couple of times... asking for a 46 and they answer "no problem", showing me a 43 or 44 cheesy.gif

Upstairs, Tops supermarket, corner of 2nd Road and Pattaya Klang.

I am a size 11 U.K. 12 USA.

thanks Dingo

can someone convert these sizes to European size ?

So on top of Tops... ok have to go take a look there... thumbsup.gif

euh...... what is MBK ?

thanks to all for your reply......

@petedk: LOL... i also faced these "jokes" couple of times... asking for a 46 and they answer "no problem", showing me a 43 or 44 cheesy.gif

MBK is the big mall in Bangkok , near SIam Square.

Its worth a try if you are looking for shoes in all sizes.

Size conversion at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size#Europe Scroll to the chart at the bottom.

I wear a USA size 12 which is a 46 1/2 Euro. I've bought shoes at Central in Bangkok. Not the cheapest but they do have frequent sales, so you might check Central in Pattaya. Quality of shoes at the Pattaya Outlet Mall was pretty dubious in my experience. Soles delaminating, etc.

-redwood

My Thai wife has same problem in LOS. She is between a UK size 7 to 8 and happy that the UK has much more choice of shoes in her size.

Did you marry a ladyboy? Big feet for a thai woman!!

When I read this comment the same thought occured to me....tongue.png

Interesting thread !!

I'm a tall guy with big feet !!

I wear US Merrell jogging shoes size 13 and French Quechua jogging shoes size 48 (not easy to find in Europe !).

I'd be happy to find those sizes in BKK/Pattaya since I've stopped vacationing in the US and in France and I'll eventually run out of the few pairs I have in stock here in LOS.

Maybe the influx of those big-footed Yvans will bring the big farang shoe sizes on the Thai market.

Already I can buy big size shorts down on Sukhumvit by the Nana area.

• 8 months later...

Hi folks,just back from shoppimg in Pattaya.I was desperatly in need to find some shoes size 46 at least.After searching without success in outlet market and the here reommended Bata (max 45 size)store i finally followed a hint i found here in this forum to look arround on the Soi Bukhao market. and to my surprise very successful :-) To find this shop i would say its best to park whatever you ride on Southpattaya road short before Soi Bukhao.Now you walk into Soi Bukhao about 100 meters and you see the market to bothes sides which is far bigger as i thought before ,indeed might be the biggest in Pattaya. You take the left side of the market but first walk near the end and then straight inside along on the right wall is a very nice shoe shop.I returned with 3 nice pairs of shoes range from 150 to 499( absolutly perfect quality) and finally got even 10 percent discount).Oh happy days... hope some of you might find that helpful and in case i can provide more information.Cya

More sturdy or formal leather shoes are a bit harder, but I used to come across the occasional custom cobbler shop in Bangkok back in the day, the ones I remember aren't there anymore but maybe if you asked around the shoe repair guys, at the other more common leather workers, e.g. bags, coats and vehicle upholsters?

There's probably a whole neighborhood of them somewhere. . .

Edited by wym

More sturdy or formal leather shoes are a bit harder, but I used to come across the occasional custom cobbler shop in Bangkok back in the day, the ones I remember aren't there anymore but maybe if you asked around the shoe repair guys, at the other more common leather workers, e.g. bags, coats and vehicle upholsters?

There's probably a whole neighborhood of them somewhere. . .

So all the op has to do is find the store in bangkok that you shopped in.bah.gif