Best Approach For Buying Return Tickets Bangkok-London

Hi

Looking for information on buying tickets for my girlfriend to travel from Bangkok to London.

She is due to travel out and meet me in the UK mid July for 3 months.

Not sure how to tackle purchasing the ticket. I normally book with STA and generally fly direct. But they are quoting £1000+, £800 with a stop.

If anybody can suggest the best way from their own previous experiences, it would be apreciated.

Many Thanks

Who are STA?

Suggest looking at the pinned thread.

Go to itasoftware and punch in the dates, then when you have the results go to the airlines websites to take a look.

If she wants a bit of style and you are okay, why not try Srilankan Business class, cheaper than most economy tickets.

Air India have some good deals at the moment. I've just paid £480 return for a 4 month stay. It's a bit of a wait in Delhi airport, but to save £200, I don't mind that.. Skyscanner is where I book all my flights to and fro.

If you want direct flights, they compare Thai, Eva and BA all on the one site

Good Luck

Depends what you want for your girlfriend and how much money you have to spend.

I brought my wife to the UK on a direct flight as was concerned about her wandering aimlessly through Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Mumbai or some other midpoint outfit.

I wouldn't touch STA as far too expensive. Try Southall Travel or West East for directs and enquire by phone.

If you are flexible +/- a few days, this could potentially offer a significant saving.

• Like 1

Air India have some good deals at the moment. I've just paid £480 return for a 4 month stay. It's a bit of a wait in Delhi airport, but to save £200, I don't mind that.. Skyscanner is where I book all my flights to and fro.

Good Luck

I've been looking at sites recently, including Skyscanner and not seen anything as cheap as that.

Maybe you are flying UK - Thailand - UK

Flights can be considerably less when the outbound flight is from the UK

• Like 1

Good Luck

I've been looking at sites recently, including Skyscanner and not seen anything as cheap as that.

British Airways are BKK-LHR-BKK for 47000baht 16/7 till 16/10. good luck

As has been said, factor into your choice of airline, the experience you want your girlfriend to start her holiday with.

A good site to compare all prices and all dates is momondo.com. Their interface makes it very easy to see potential savings that can be had just by slightly changing either departure or return date.

Good Luck

British Airways are BKK-LHR-BKK for 47000baht 16/7 till 16/10. good luck

That's over 1000 Pounds.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay that if I could help it.

And who can blame you? It is a bloody rip off! Mrats now want 51,000 Baht return to Newcastle in September, but the other way round it is £535. I have lauded them in the past, but at those prices they can get stuffed. China Southern it is for me...

• Like 1

Good Luck

The waiting lounges are good $20 for up to 6 hours (last time there) couple of drinks free and free food

Good Luck

The waiting lounges are good $20 for up to 6 hours (last time there) couple of drinks free and free food

BA 16/7 BKK/LHR 17/10 LHR/BKK 35000baht direct , and before someone says ripoff 16850 airfare 18150 TAXES FEES ETC. British Airways website at 0600hrs BST, good luck.

And who can blame you? It is a bloody rip off! Mrats now want 51,000 Baht return to Newcastle in September, but the other way round it is £535. I have lauded them in the past, but at those prices they can get stuffed. China Southern it is for me...

Please stop saying (bloody rip off) to fly lhr / bkk / lhr costs more in taxes etc. than air fare, its a bargain,stop moaning go to Benidorm with Ryanair.

Please stop saying (bloody rip off) to fly lhr / bkk / lhr costs more in taxes etc. than air fare, its a bargain,stop moaning go to Benidorm with Ryanair.

True that the taxes make up a ridiculous high proportion of the fare. But with a return ticket you depart from Bangkok 1 time, arrive in Bangkok 1 time, arrive in London 1 time and depart from London 1 time. It is exactly the same whether you start out from Bangkok or London. The taxes are the same

Can you please give times,prices,examples,uk.airports, etc.it will be greatly appreciated to see what China Southern can offer.

I only try to help with direct flights because its the only way if first time to uk for g/f or wife.

Took me a bit to figure out who "Mrats" airlines were but once I did, it gave me a chuckle laugh.png

There is more competition for UK -> BKK flights with many countries airlines that run London - Home Country Hub hops offering big discounts to fill otherwise empty seats on the Home Country Hub - BKK leg of the flight. There is not the same competition for return flights originating in BKK so the flights are more expensive = there is no need for airline to compete in the Thai market place.

Try this BKK based company: http://www.dtctravel.com/airline-tickets.html (English owned) good experiences with them for about ten years.

Strongly suggest your Thai GF clearly communicates passport details for the ticket, name order and English spelling can be a PITA to correct later.

Good Luck

Errm....the food and drinks aren't free if you paid $20 for it. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

As somebody previously mentioned Sri Lankan Airlines does some very good business class prices, I flew to London last September for about 1,100 pounds business class when BA is about 950 economy and flew to the Maldives business class at the same price as Bangkok Airways economy this year. Columbo is also a small airport so it's very hard to get lost although it is a short connection going to London.

I also recommend using expedia.co.uk even if it is to check seat availability as it shows how many seats are available on a flight and if you go on seatguru.com you can find the best seats on the flight. Long haul I always recommend an aisle seat in the middle as there is only one person to get past you.

Edited by sandrabbit

Try Saveflights in BKK they have most times come up with the cheapest direct flight for me. Last year return BKK/LHR/BKK 31,000 baht. including taxes, surcharges, etc

Edited by Anon999

Good Luck

A friend has just returned from the UK and he flew Air India, he's an experienced traveller and said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again although he did say the flights were fairly empty on the UK sectors - wonder why?

Edited by sandrabbit

Go to the Airline Industries ticketing system "Amadeus" web site http://www.amadeus.net . This is what all the airlines and booking agents use. Current cheapest fare is £699 BBKK to LHR.

After that try booking direct with the airline as a lot of the so called cheap deals do not exist when you start you booking through expedia etc etc.

Srilankan Airlines often have very good deals, their office is in Charn Issara Tower Rama IV road. Stop over can be 4 hours similar to some Emirates flights. I used them a year ago and the flight cost £500 Ret.