Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Some here seem to not know what is happiness wink.png

For those who know how one can feel when happy, you can imagine the thrill to be in such marvelous cars for young kids. And they were very very excited about the noises of the cars too.

What is nice when you are fortunate enough to have substantial funds is that, by sharing a bit, you can make many people happy smile.png

It's not only about money, of course, but it helps for sure.

By the way, I don't know why the name of the present PM is mentioned in these threads. The one who had the clever idea to make the wealthy foreigners stay comfortably in Thailand (against a very reasonable fee) was PM Thaksin, not the present one.

A nonsense post like the quoted clearly proves, that money can't buy you class!!

(And before you get started, I have been a TPC-member since 2004)

I'm beginning to doubt that he is genuine! It seems that unless you agree that this ELITE card is worth having you are either cheap or a jealous hater of the rich. There is not even an acknowledgement from Gerry1011 that economically this card is not worth it compared to the cost of other methods for entering this country. Just a continual rant about how good this card is supposed to be.

If you have money it is not something you shout about, Why would you openly brag about it when the rich don't even do that among themselves. It's a bit like the school playground, when some kids used to brag about copping a feel off one of the girls, "those that bragged didn't get any" The attitude that 1011 is showing reminds me of that! No empathy towards others yet claims to be doing charitable work.

Too much BS if you ask me.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some here seem to not know what is happiness wink.png

For those who know how one can feel when happy, you can imagine the thrill to be in such marvelous cars for young kids. And they were very very excited about the noises of the cars too.

What is nice when you are fortunate enough to have substantial funds is that, by sharing a bit, you can make many people happy smile.png

It's not only about money, of course, but it helps for sure.

By the way, I don't know why the name of the present PM is mentioned in these threads. The one who had the clever idea to make the wealthy foreigners stay comfortably in Thailand (against a very reasonable fee) was PM Thaksin, not the present one.

A nonsense post like the quoted clearly proves, that money can't buy you class!!

(And before you get started, I have been a TPC-member since 2004)

If making this boy (and many others) happy is a nonsense, I chose to be nonsensical ;)

post-12654-14176002846648_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How many times has it been relaunched already? Wasn't the Abhisit govt's going to close it down because it had somehow managed to rack up a couple of billion in losses. It must have received a new injection of taxpayers' money under the Yingluck govt and now will presumable get another. Some people other than EC members and the taxpayer must be doing well out of it.

The original deal of 1 mil for life membership with land ownership and no additional fees was something I would have looked, if I didn't already have PR at the time. Not so sure about this one though.

How many times has it been relaunched already? Wasn't the Abhisit govt's going to close it down because it had somehow managed to rack up a couple of billion in losses. It must have received a new injection of taxpayers' money under the Yingluck govt and now will presumable get another. Some people other than EC members and the taxpayer must be doing well out of it.

The original deal of 1 mil for life membership with land ownership and no additional fees was something I would have looked, if I didn't already have PR at the time. Not so sure about this one though.

This is an old topic...

Cool down and look at the pictures in the previous post.

It will make you feel better :)

(At least I hope)

I thought I would share these pictures of happy kids during the "kids' supercars' drive"... The quality is not that good, but the happiness can still be felt.

No need to be a Thailand Elite member to make people around us happy, of course.

smile.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366940.526049.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366958.046160.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366972.370119.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366991.766301.jpg

All that money and you can't afford a decent camera.

Priorities son, priorities.

I thought I would share these pictures of happy kids during the "kids' supercars' drive"... The quality is not that good, but the happiness can still be felt.

No need to be a Thailand Elite member to make people around us happy, of course.

smile.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366940.526049.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366958.046160.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366972.370119.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1418366991.766301.jpg

All that money and you can't afford a decent camera.

Priorities son, priorities.

I will remind these priorities to the (Akha) village chief who took the pictures.

Thank you for your most valuable comment ;)

My sincere and deepest apologies for not taking the pictures myself, I was driving :P

Edited by gerry1011

• 2 months later...

Never use a credit card in Thailand, also when it's called Elite Card. No securitiy for card holders, pishing very common.

I've used mine several times over the past eight years; never had a problem with it.

All major credit cards such as Mastercard and VISA indemnify cardholders against fraud and claims can be made should the company goods were purchased from fail to refund the cost in the case of non-delivery.

I used mine to buy a ticket with Thai Regional Airways who were offering cheap flights from Bangkok to Phuket at the time, but who hadn't obtained a licence to fly. When the company was wound up, I received an email from them promising to refund the cost of my airfare within six weeks. After two months of not receiving anything, I contacted Mastercard who refunded the cost of the ticket within 24 hours.

So I would tend to dispute what you're saying for those reasons.

Can't they get a 1 year non b as many years as they like for around 3,000 baht.

And pay a few thousand for 24 games of golf.

And for 2 million they could buy a Toyota and hire a full time driver for 5 years.

It doesn't surprise me that thailand is selling them.

It surprises me that people are buying them.

I cannot see the need for this card.

If you pay a few hundred baht you get through immigration quickly.

If you have a good lawyer you can get a visa for 5 years or more.

All this costs less than 2 million baht.

What ever the card can offer can be replicated cheaper...

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to know what 5 year visa you could get from a lawyer. Im not of retirement age and do not work so TE was the perfect solution. The visa is simplicity itself with no hassles. Compared to other countries like the UK were the equivelent costs a million UK pounds im not sure why people have problem with how others spend there money. Breakdown the cost and its cheaper than I paid in council tax alone in the UK. TE is a great product to stay or come and go as I please in a country I love. BTW 5 year costs 500,000 bht not 2 million. Edited by bim

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this as I have received an e-mail from Thai Visa Elite.

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER JULY 2015

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!
Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

• Visa type: PE
  • Visa validity: 5 years
  • Length of stay: 1 year per entry
  • Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.
  • Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine

Seems the scamming is still going on! http://www.samuitimes.com/controversial-thailand-elite-card-set-make-reappearance-next-year/

Only a thousand or so people who actually paid for the card over the past 12 years would disagree with you, while millions and millions would agree.

Curious to know what 5 year visa you could get from a lawyer. Im not of retirement age and do not work so TE was the perfect solution. The visa is simplicity itself with no hassles. Compared to other countries like the UK were the equivelent costs a million UK pounds im not sure why people have problem with how others spend there money. Breakdown the cost and its cheaper than I paid in council tax alone in the UK. TE is a great product to stay or come and go as I please in a country I love. BTW 5 year costs 500,000 bht not 2 million.

I to am looking forward to djjamie's response, but will not hold my breath on getting a one.

Personally i have year on year multi entry visa, but i would presume those that have the cash would be happy to have a TE card.

I expect much of the criticism comes from people who would actually want one, but simply cannot afford it.

Curious to know what 5 year visa you could get from a lawyer. Im not of retirement age and do not work so TE was the perfect solution. The visa is simplicity itself with no hassles. Compared to other countries like the UK were the equivelent costs a million UK pounds im not sure why people have problem with how others spend there money. Breakdown the cost and its cheaper than I paid in council tax alone in the UK. TE is a great product to stay or come and go as I please in a country I love. BTW 5 year costs 500,000 bht not 2 million.

I to am looking forward to djjamie's response, but will not hold my breath on getting a one.

Personally i have year on year multi entry visa, but i would presume those that have the cash would be happy to have a TE card.

I expect much of the criticism comes from people who would actually want one, but simply cannot afford it.

I do agree fully.

But for those who can afford it, it is a great way of enjoying Thailand for long periods of time.

I expect much of the criticism comes from people who actually see it for what it is.

It is indeed up to the people to judge by themselves what value they put on money and things they can buy with it, including the Thailand Elite membership.

500,000 baht can buy a 5 years Thailand Elite visa, together with very convenient service, ... or a Toyota Yaris (the basic model).

The choice is very easy to make...

Why would anyone (who is not on a tight budget) put 500,000 baht of his money in a Yaris?

That would really be throwing money away for nothing.

I have the original TE card since 2006, for which I have paid 1 million Baht.

So far I had two 5-year multi entry visa and one 3-year multi entry visa, issued by immigration in Thailand (2 x airport + 1 x BKK).

Although the previous governments have often talked about stopping the TE-program, so far it still is operational.

The main problem with TE is that most of the revenue from the initial members has been lost due to blatant mismanagement and the usual TIT issues (extremely bad investments etc.).

So far, I have never had any problem with their services.

The peace of mind of having the 5-year visa and the excellent airport service are well worth it for me.

However, I do fully agree that the new much higher prices are too steep to attract new members.