Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Hey Gerry, you know you can pay 1000 baht and there will be a lovely lady holding a sign with your name on it as you exit the plane, she will drive you on that little retard cart and you go through the express lane at the airport?

And you know when you sit on that little beeping retard cart as you are driven through the airport, we are all laughing at you, right?

But, if you think that having a TE card, and pretending you have a Lamborghini makes you special...your right...we think your special too.

Edited by DLock

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, all of you TE haters, what do you do for a visa if you don't want the ED Visa, are too young for a retirement visa, aren't married, and don't want a B visa and have to work? Please enlighten the rest of us.

Well then you would seriously need to question if it was worth it? If you have to work where do you get the 500,000BHT or 2,000,000 from?

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question. Some people have that money, it's not a hardship to pay it out. It's irrelevant really to what was asked- considering the conditions laid out, what do you do for a visa then..?

I am still around anyway smile.png

gerry1011, I for one appreciate your information, and the additional clarification about the card.

Regarding the value of the card - someone else on this thread (I believe MacWalen) has done the math showing that it is only marginally more expensive than doing it the regular tourist visa way, and that what appears to be the 10,000 baht difference is easily accounted for by the lack of hassles over the duration of the card's validity.

I have, in the past, only marginally followed news regarding this 'Thai Elite Card', but do distinctly remember some news regarding a card that sounded like it being discontinued and relaunched several times. In fact, if this card that we are talking about here has never been discontinued, then why does the OP talk about 'relaunching' it?

Is there another card that I'm thinking about, or was I just being distracted by the bleating of the aforementioned haters (seems they exist in every denomination)?

Either way, again, thanks for the information on this, from people that are actual cardholders. I guess if I had any plans of living in Thailand for several years, this sounds like a good option. Sounds like this might be the option that Sharky chose, based on his residency details.

gerry1011, I for one appreciate your information, and the additional clarification about the card.

Regarding the value of the card - someone else on this thread (I believe MacWalen) has done the math showing that it is only marginally more expensive than doing it the regular tourist visa way, and that what appears to be the 10,000 baht difference is easily accounted for by the lack of hassles over the duration of the card's validity.

Price of tourist visas including border runs does not even come close to 100k. It doesn't even come close to 50k. I love it when people exaggerate. You forgot that with your "Elite" card you have to pack up and leave the country like those damn non elite folk. Did you include the cost of that in your calculation? That's another 500k on top since you like big numbers. Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

Price of tourist visas including border runs does not even come close to 100k. It doesn't even come close to 50k. I love it when people exaggerate. You forgot that with your "Elite" card you have to pack up and leave the country like those damn non elite folk. Did you include the cost of that in your calculation? That's another 500k on top since you like big numbers.
Your incorrect. If you have the Elite PE visa you dont have to leave the country. You extend it every year for 1900 bht. So again a bit more of your misinformation and well keep knocking right back at yer.

Price of tourist visas including border runs does not even come close to 100k. It doesn't even come close to 50k. I love it when people exaggerate. You forgot that with your "Elite" card you have to pack up and leave the country like those damn non elite folk. Did you include the cost of that in your calculation? That's another 500k on top since you like big numbers.

Why do you have to lie? It was pretty obvious from all descriptions that Thai Elite Card, regardless of the tier, does not require leaving the country, and can be extended at immigration within Thailand - that alone is worth a small premium.

Glad that bim corrected you - but it was pretty obvious from prior explanations.

Why do you need to misrepresent this?

Why do you have to lie? It was pretty obvious from all descriptions that Thai Elite Card, regardless of the tier, does not require leaving the country, and can be extended at immigration within Thailand - that alone is worth a small premium.

Glad that bim corrected you - but it was pretty obvious from prior explanations.

Why do you need to misrepresent this?

Non Imm B and WP can also be renewed every year without leaving the country.

Apologies HuHu. That was a misunderstanding on my part. I am a humble man that makes mistakes.

Big of you my man. Truth is my first year here I didnt want to go to Penang and get a single entry tourist visa I had to go back to the UK to get a triple entry. My GF and I always wanted to be in Thailand and now we dont have to fly back to the UK twice a year the PE more than pays for itself and no council tax to pay also. The price we got for our house in the UK we could build 10 here. We both retired at 40 and the PE us saves us money gives us piece of mind and being in a country we love. We hated living in the UK. Im not old enough for a retirement visa here so not only was PE my only option it was a god send. So just try to be happy for people. And keep it acurate. You would have more respect for your comments even though you dont like the scheme. As Gerry said its not for everyone. In peace Edited by bim

Apologies HuHu. That was a misunderstanding on my part. I am a humble man that makes mistakes.

Big of you my man. Truth is my first year here I didnt want to go to Penang and get a single entry tourist visa I had to go back to the UK to get a triple entry. My GF and I always to wanted to be in Thailand and now we dont have to fly back to the UK twice a year the PE more than pays for itself and no council tax to pay also. The price we got for our house in the UK we could build 10 here. We both retired at 40 and the PE to us saves us money gives us piece of mind and being in a country we love. We hated living in the UK. Im not old enough for a retirement visa here so not only was PE my only option it was a god send. So just try to be happy for people. And keep it acurate. You would have more respect for your comments even though you dont like the scheme. As Gerry said its not for everyone. In peace

Good post, and I respect the rationale. Makes good sense.

Most of all, seems that those using the card aren't having any of the issues, attitude, or conspiracy insinuations of those guys that appear to be juggling dodgy visa schemes and not liking the hassles. I just blocked theguyfromanotherforum - too many haters already in these threads. :-(

Again, thanks gerry and all others for sharing your experiences.

I fail to understand how this can make economic sense. Far too few users.

My proposal would be to sell cards to a wider audience. Make it 120k per year for visa, priority lane at airport and maybe medical, another 60k for golf, 60k for Spa etc. Or the whole package for 200k per year. Give people the choice.

Also to pay for 20 years upfront may be too much of a commitment. Life changes. So maybe have an option of paying the whole lot and get some percentage off, or pay for 5 years and get a little discount, or pay annually, no discount.

Anyway, I am not a golfer and have too little time for regular Spa sessions, my visa status is OK, so nothing that would make me consider the card.

The target group the card is aimed for is too small to make it viable.

My proposal would be to sell cards to a wider audience. Make it 120k per year for visa, priority lane at airport and maybe medical, another 60k for golf, 60k for Spa etc. Or the whole package for 200k per year. Give people the choice.

Also to pay for 20 years upfront may be too much of a commitment. Life changes. So maybe have an option of paying the whole lot and get some percentage off, or pay for 5 years and get a little discount, or pay annually, no discount.

Anyway, I am not a golfer and have too little time for regular Spa sessions, my visa status is OK, so nothing that would make me consider the card.

I didnt get mine for the perks just the visa. Still makes good sense and the problem I see is not enough people know about it hence the OP relaunch. Although I would not have called it a relaunch just making it more widely available. I believe it will be a huge success. I for sure would have got it a year ago if I was aware of it.

If you had done your homework, you would be aware of the 5 year "easy access" package!!

500k will buy you a 5 year visa plus a few other privileges!!

Not for everyone, but horses for courses!!

But as usual on Thaivisa, threads like this a turned into "hate the rich" from the non-haves!!

The history of this scheme is not good. It as launched with much fanfare in 2007 (?), promise of land ownership etc.Conditions were changed without notice....wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Many many people know about this scheme..many avoid it..as with all schemes in thailand.

So, all of you TE haters, what do you do for a visa if you don't want the ED Visa, are too young for a retirement visa, aren't married, and don't want a B visa and have to work? Please enlighten the rest of us.

Well then you would seriously need to question if it was worth it? If you have to work where do you get the 500,000BHT or 2,000,000 from?

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question. Some people have that money, it's not a hardship to pay it out. It's irrelevant really to what was asked- considering the conditions laid out, what do you do for a visa then..?

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question

A work visa, or are you working illegally? and some people may have that money? but you didn't answer my question. If you need to work where do you get the money for the Elite card? Because if you had that money why would you need to work?

If you had done your homework, you would be aware of the 5 year "easy access" package!!

500k will buy you a 5 year visa plus a few other privileges!!

Not for everyone, but horses for courses!!

But as usual on Thaivisa, threads like this a turned into "hate the rich" from the non-haves!!

I was aware of the 5 year option, but think more choices would be great.

I consider myself as quite well off. What makes you think I hate the rich? You are reading too much into my post.

I was just thinking out loud about the economic viability and how to come up with a product that supports a wider customer base.

If it is just for the visa, then perhaps a fee at the airport , say 10k per month entry stamp would generate more profit.

Just a quick edit, I think you might misunderstood what I was saying about making economic sense. I was referring to the scheme administration, not individual users.

Edited by StefanBBK

I didnt get mine for the perks just the visa. Still makes good sense and the problem I see is not enough people know about it hence the OP relaunch. Although I would not have called it a relaunch just making it more widely available. I believe it will be a huge success. I for sure would have got it a year ago if I was aware of it.
It was relaunched May 2013 not recently which makes me wonder if the Army will continue with it.

I have, in the past, only marginally followed news regarding this 'Thai Elite Card', but do distinctly remember some news regarding a card that sounded like it being discontinued and relaunched several times. In fact, if this card that we are talking about here has never been discontinued, then why does the OP talk about 'relaunching' it?

Is there another card that I'm thinking about, or was I just being distracted by the bleating of the aforementioned haters (seems they exist in every denomination)?

Either way, again, thanks for the information on this, from people that are actual cardholders. I guess if I had any plans of living in Thailand for several years, this sounds like a good option. Sounds like this might be the option that Sharky chose, based on his residency details.

There were times in the past when this membership scheme was 'closed down' and subsequently relaunched but those who were members at this time already had their 5 year visas in their passports and these were of course honoured so it made little to no differrence to anybody who continued to use the same passport during the shutdown period.

Right now I have a 5 year visa in my passport, that visa will still be there regardless of what happens to the TE scheme.

I do suspect that a 1 year version of this scheme would be beneficial to a large number of people and would bring in the 1000's of new members they would like.

If I was in charge of TE I would introduce a 'once off one year membership' for 150k Baht for a 1 year visa and the same reduced benefits as the Easy Access membership. This would cover younger people during 'gap years', etc. I suspect their parents would gladly pay the fee just for the peace of mind and so their kids don't need to travel for 'visa runs'.

This would enable Thailand Elite to increase their revenue by some orders of magnitude, limiting it to one '1 year membership' per person would allow such a scheme to act as an introduction to the service and I suspect that a lot of them would return for one of the lengthier membership packages in the future after they've been introduced to the service.

The main reason I think a one year package would be ideal is that a lot of people won't have any commitment to Thailand for 5 years, one year is a completely different time scale and I suspect lots of people would go for it if this was an option. By the end of this initial year if they want to stay longer (and a certain amount of people will want to) then there are further membership options available.

The Thailand Elite haters seem excited again, so funny :)

I love the "calculations" too, even if it makes some posters look rather cheap.

I come to apologize that I was not able drop by to tickle the nerves of the haters. I was having quite a big party at home :)

But keep the spirit guys.

Thailand Elite is great. And rather cheap for such a nice offer ;)

Edited by gerry1011

Fools will be fools. But they are right in targetting the Chinese and Russians. The westerners they wanted so much in the recent past will in general not react to what TAT wants.

There are plenty of western euro/dollar millionaires owning upmarket condos in BKK. Buildings like the River and le Raffine have lots of them. And they are big spenders.

But they do not like to race around in Ferrari's or fly private. They want to live a lowkey life when on holiday in the Kingdom. They want to be free to go where they want to go without being noticed as the wealthy farangs. Still they will visit the Oriental, the Peninsula and the Four Seasons. Look at how staff there deals with the quality tourists. Let the TAT lady and the tourism minister work there for a few years first. Then very perhaps they will come up with useful ideas.

The westerners do NOT like the flashy gold and glitter show that TAT wants to surround them with while holding up baskets to catch the money that is being spread. But they are upset and intimidated with the many freaks that want to scam the tourists. With or without uniform. Especially the latest gag of possibly having to pee in public on Sukhumvit because some joker in uniform had an idea it would strengthen safety is impopular with the western quality tourists. Perhaps TAT will make the deal that the silly elite card holders can flash their card and then do not have to pee.

What TAT is underestimating is the effect the decline of western quality will have on the Russians and Chinese: They will lose interest and follow the westerners. Look at the housing market in London town. It is exploding because of the progressively growing sales to Russians and Chinese.

TAT can get lots of expertise in this when they talk to the developers of the big ass appartment buildings. Those are big companies that do not invest hundreds of millions in a building project without knowing their targetted customers will like it. Unlike TAT those companies have thorough marketing.

The ignorance the top Thai officials in TAT and similar demonstrate over and over again is almost a guarantee that the Kingdom will lose more and more ground in spite of the huge possibilities it has. Almost a perpetuum mobilae.

This sounds like a scam the dear leader and his junta are running. Does the P.M really have to look down on foreigners and treat them like idiots. Who of right mind would hand over 2 million for nothing to a thai and then 20k per year for the privilege. You can get a one year extention for 1,900 baht. This government is looking more and more like knuckle heads everyday.

using your own data, I can't see how you arrive at the conclusion that "This government is looking more and more like knuckle heads everyday." Offering very little at an outrageous price is smart business. Offering a status symbol to those willing to pay huge sums for exotic supercars and monstrous 4WD trucks to drive in a congested city is targeted marketing.

Since I see someone above posting about "exotic cars", I would like to mention that there was a nice event yesterday.

Some Thailand Elite members (who pay "huge sums" for exotics cars (on top of other things and the small fee to become Thailand Elite member), welcomed 20 super cars from Malaysia.

Very nice people having a great time together and a great party.

But it was in fact a charity drive and many hill tribe kids had an occasion to sit and ride in Ferraris, Lambos or Maseratis...

A lot of happiness for everyone, followed by a big Kantoke dinner hosted by the village headman.

This was lots of fun with expensive cars driving on the beautiful (and not congested) northern roads, and a way for the car owners (and Thailand Elite members) to make people around them happy.

I thought I would share this great and happy moment with you guys, ... knowing that it will give some fresh ammunition for the bitter and envious Thailand Elite haters to criticize the program and its members ;)

Go on guys, spit it :)

(And for those who don't mind seeing other people's happiness, there are pictures on the Thailand Elite Members Facebook page)

Edited by gerry1011

Some here seem to not know what is happiness ;)

For those who know how one can feel when happy, you can imagine the thrill to be in such marvelous cars for young kids. And they were very very excited about the noises of the cars too.

What is nice when you are fortunate enough to have substantial funds is that, by sharing a bit, you can make many people happy :)

It's not only about money, of course, but it helps for sure.

By the way, I don't know why the name of the present PM is mentioned in these threads. The one who had the clever idea to make the wealthy foreigners stay comfortably in Thailand (against a very reasonable fee) was PM Thaksin, not the present one.

Some here seem to not know what is happiness wink.png

For those who know how one can feel when happy, you can imagine the thrill to be in such marvelous cars for young kids. And they were very very excited about the noises of the cars too.

What is nice when you are fortunate enough to have substantial funds is that, by sharing a bit, you can make many people happy smile.png

By the way, I don't know why the name of the present PM is mentioned in these threads. The one who had the clever idea to make the wealthy foreigners stay comfortably in Thailand (against a very reasonable fee) was PM Thaksin, not the present one.

Yeah Thaksin was indeed the clever one.

Have the money paid in an account in Singapore, for reasons still nobody knows but can only imagine, and I think he gave away 200 cards for free and sold 10 or so.

Clever goes only one way, as usual with Thaksin.

I'd assume ignorance driven commentary. Same type of folks that blame everything on Obama, were this in the USA. It seems these folks suffer from the same temporal confusion.

Some here seem to not know what is happiness wink.png

What is nice when you are fortunate enough to have substantial funds is that, by sharing a bit, you can make many people happy smile.png

A nonsense post like the quoted clearly proves, that money can't buy you class!!

(And before you get started, I have been a TPC-member since 2004)

Edited by JOC