Nakhon Ratchasima: Customs Department To Seize Mystery Luxury Cars

webfact

Am still a bit confused by the concept of torching such expensive cars.

I believe, it just was an accident, something on the truck, trailer started the fire, the Sport Luxury Cars caught the fire to! wink.png

I read a report on the customs department in a magazine. They said they are basically legalized corruption. Great way to sum this department up.

Quite true. Anything held by customs for any reason, if unclaimed may be sold by the customs department with profit going to the officer who held up the shipment. The officer may decline any profit in exchange for the seized goods. A natural incentive for all officiers to hold up anything in customs. Thus, I always keep my international purchases under the 1000 Baht limit.

It would be a lot of fun to quietly hide a GPS tracking chip in one of these cars, and see where they end up... :-)

As long as you had very very tight security to ensure it couldn't be traced back to you.

Very dangerous games, best not to poke your nose in to this kind of stuff believe me, "gee whatever happened to EyesWideOpen"?

It would be a lot of fun to quietly hide a GPS tracking chip in one of these cars, and see where they end up... :-)

As long as you had very very tight security to ensure it couldn't be traced back to you.

Very dangerous games, best not to poke your nose in to this kind of stuff believe me, "gee whatever happened to EyesWideOpen"?

Hahaha thanks for worrying about me, but I have other things to do other than to show some low paid government official is driving around a Lambo....

The only thing in Thailand I have ever really been curious about was the whereabouts of the "decorated" Thai policeman who shot the two tourists in Kanchanaburi. Am pretty sure he walked in the front door of the prison, and walked out the back door the following week, but even I do not have the balls to check up on that one..... :-)

• Like 1

Am still a bit confused by the concept of torching such expensive cars.

I believe, it just was an accident, something on the truck, trailer started the fire, the Sport Luxury Cars caught the fire to! wink.png

Pretty sure you right, think this was a terrible accident. Someone in the other thread had alluded to an insurance fraud, but that does not make sense. Guess we still have to wait to see who the owner is...and wait...and wait
  • Like 1

Hahaha thanks for worrying about me, but I have other things to do other than to show some low paid government official is driving around a Lambo....

The only thing in Thailand I have ever really been curious about was the whereabouts of the "decorated" Thai policeman who shot the two tourists in Kanchanaburi. Am pretty sure he walked in the front door of the prison, and walked out the back door the following week, but even I do not have the balls to check up on that one..... :-)

Regards the murdering Kan cop, can't remember where I read it but maybe 6 months ago there was a news article saying he was still inside, Ratchaburi prison I believe. Hope it's true.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I read a report on the customs department in a magazine. They said they are basically legalized corruption. Great way to sum this department up.

Quite true. Anything held by customs for any reason, if unclaimed may be sold by the customs department with profit going to the officer who held up the shipment. The officer may decline any profit in exchange for the seized goods. A natural incentive for all officiers to hold up anything in customs. Thus, I always keep my international purchases under the 1000 Baht limit.

You're joking, surely?

Just been watching news on TV with police inspecting the cars....they showed them removing a VIN plate that was covering the original VIN number underneath on either the Ferrari or Lambo! Now we know why no-one came forward!