90 Day Reporting By Post

For the first time in 4 years I have decided to carry out my "90 day reporting" by post instead of in person. Two reasons, the road to immigration is currently dangerous due to roadworks and the price of diesel has made the trip more expensive.

Anyway, I thought I knew what was required to be included with the TM47 but I double checked on the Thai Immigration website.

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The first document requirement on the list is:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Surely that can't be correct (I used to have a 90 page passport!)?

I have sent my 90 day registration by post for the last two years, all I ever send is the form, filled in correctly and I get the receipt back within a few days. If it has not arrived within a week my wife rings them and they confirm that all is OK.

I have changed address twice and never any problem.

I send it to the immigration office I was told is responsible for Pai (Mae Hong Son) which is where I go to renew my visa each year.

I just send it ordinary post, three baht and include a stamped addressed envelope for the receipt return.

Sending the renewal by post seems so risky.... What if it is lost?... (I lost my Company filing documentation - and my Law firm says it happens alot!!!) What proof do you have of sending and receipt?...

I read that they were planning an online version - is that the case?