Philippines' Economy Grew Fastest In Asia In Q1 2013.

How in the heck do supposedly intelligent "economists" include increased government spending as "growth?" This increase is caused by increased government spending followed by increased consumer spending.

The Philippines lacks the resources or the export engine to create new wealth.

This is like a group of guys, all standing in a circle with their hands in each others' pockets, believing they will all get rich. Unless someone creates some new wealth, no one can gain.

The claim is bogus.

• Like 1

There is no helping this nation. It is plunder by design. The entire nation is controlled by cartels.

They have no exports save for cheap uneducated labor, copra and a bit of seafood.

Birth rate is staggeringly grim.

No land to live or grow crops

Cant feed itself

Philippines is that perfect marriage between sleazy 3rd world authoritarianism and corporatism.

• 3 weeks later...

More and more Asian companies are establishing new factories in Philippines, reported in the news earlier this year.

Massive call centre outsourcing too,I believe they've overtaken Mumbai now as the number one place for them.I can certainly confirm that the IT Park in Cebu is springing up faster than anything I've seen,huge office blocks being built there right now!

Also an absolutely monstrous light-blue J P Morgan building that seems to go day and night,24/7,would love to know what's going on in there!