Late Night Loud Motorbikes

JomtienEats

What's the deal with the noisy motorbikes screeching around Chiang Mai at 3AM?

I was awoken last night to the sound of a motorbike tearing down the road. I say tearing, but it was really doing quite a modest speed, but making plenty of what seemed like unnecessary noise to my untrained ear. Who are the <deleted> responsible? What do they want?

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If u dont like it... Y u dnt put plugs in your ear or live on a island where are no other people;)

Interesting.

thailand not same your country. if you not like not have complain. just go back your country no problem.

Interesting.

Not a solution. Irresponsible <deleted> are everywhere.

Inconsiderate I'd say. I can see the attitude now. But still struggling to understand the motivation.
  • Like 1

Edit: oh, the OP wants to know the motivation. I'll hazard a guess -- the riders are drunk, young, think they're indestructable and want to show off the big equipment between their legs.

Interesting - and mostly Thai or Farang would you say?

Lol... I would be happy to hear that kind of "music" in my room....

If u dont like it... Y u dnt put plugs in your ear or live on a island where are no other people;)

Interesting that in one thread you try to sell a bike to a farang; here you tell them to leave the country. In the US, we call that shooting yourself in the foot.

They're just street-racing dek-waans. I mean its just one of the annoyances of living in a city. Personally I really dont mind them, I'm used to them already. Much more welcoming than hearing police and ambulance sirens back when I was living in Boston and Providence. I mean its annoying, but nothing to bite someone's head off over.

Edit: oh, the OP wants to know the motivation. I'll hazard a guess -- the riders are drunk, young, think they're indestructable and want to show off the big equipment between their legs.

Interesting - and mostly Thai or Farang would you say?

This kind of thing isnt race based.

Its just boys on bikes..with afew beers in them..at the weekend.

Its global.

Guys do it in cars too. ..ie: suped up Volkswagen GTI's in the west, vibrating even when idle.

Thailand just seems to have a pretty bad case of bad mufflers or guys who like the sound of their bikes without them.

• Like 2

I'm heading home

I will try to keep it down (errr NOT biggrin.png

Very cute. In addition to waking up babies, disturbing the sick and elderly, interrupting conversations and ceremonies, etc. do you find that you have other characteristics of a sociopath?

My observation through life is that people who make a loud noise be it on a motor bike or in a car ,shouting,playing loud music etc are crying out for attention and basically insecure. Amexpat you are so right,wish I had you for a neighbour biggrin.png

• Like 1

Lol potatoes in the exchaust?

Omg..... Just because not everybody isnt a nerd that dont mean that "we" not selfconfident or have lag of attention.

Everybody is different and have different hobbys... Unfortunelty the nerd sitting at 3am with a book on his balcony and the rude , stupid,<deleted> , lag of attention freak pass by with his bike or car and play loud music?! <deleted>?!?!

It disturbs me too to see nerd with their weird pants and xxxxxx shirts reading books at the gates on one of those benches there... And??? Do i blame anybody?

Thats really over acting !!!!

And the potato and suger thing....shows how nice person u are to destroy other people property. Congratiulations!

If i see nerd with their glasses next time next time... Should i smack their heads on the street to broke their glasses? I think not good idea...

Live and let live!

Edited by metisdead

And yes i sell motorbikes to farang... But not eveybody is same... People like u i would not even sell my socks, understand?

Ignorant person.... Live in anoter country and claim about things here... Hate it or love it!

If u hate it , go back... I think nobody was beggin u to come here

Loud pipes massage fragile egos.

Riding skills and sober judgement save lives.

Just look at CHIPs or other highway patrol with their big, whisper quiet bikes and good safety records.

But if you still think that riding that bike is so dangerous that you have to disturb the peace everywhere you go,

do the right thing and give it up. Take up bicycling or hiking or something.

• Like 1

hello mister

thailand not same your country. if you not like not have complain. just go back your country no problem.

hello mister

Irresponsible <deleted> are everywhere

guess they keep on meeting over-sensitives toocoffee1.gif

Sparkles, on 03 Jun 2013 - 20:16, said:

My observation through life is that people who make a loud noise be it on a motor bike or in a car ,shouting,playing loud music etc are crying out for attention and basically insecure.

Well lets hope they get some of that attention from the BiB that they so richly deserve. On some level they're seeking that confrontation.

Police in Krabi have an idea.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Krabi-Police-clamp-down-on-noisy-motorbikes-19519.html

Lol... I would be happy to hear that kind of "music" in my room....

It's quite ironic that someone who doesn't even grasp basic concepts of living among other people (like one should not make as much noise as possible when everybody is sleeping) is suggesting others to live on a deserted island...

It may have been me on my HD.I have loud pipes on it,sounds like thunder.It's my horn.I want people to see me. Maybe I won't get ran over.Sorry I'm just trying to stay alive

Try to bear in mind that if you tear around CM at night making a racket, you might be disturbing the sleep of upto 10,000 people.

Generally I don't notice it during the day - it's competing with all sorts of other noise pollution . . . but at night it's noticeable and you'll get people's backs up. It's inviting a crack down, which, if it comes, will likely apply at all times.

If this is the worst problem the OP has had in his life, than he has no problems at all.

Down my way, I hear the chickens cock a dooda looing, the dogs howling, wild cats fighting, heavy vehicles thundering down the highway, motor bikes that sound like airplanes, and worst of all, the wife snoring and my neighbor coughing his lungs up and farting, which goes on all through the night, but I am well used to all that now.

Welcome to Thailand.

lol excactyly!!!!

Welcome to thailand