Gossip On The Supercar Fire

charlieboz

lamborghini.jpg?itok=gs1uWhtF

Imagine this, but on fire

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has discovered that a Lamborghini with the same vehicle identification number as a car that has been linked to tax evasion was among the six luxury cars burned in a fire last Wednesday at Nakhon Ratchasima.

According to the chief of the DSI, Pol Lt Col Kornwat Parnprapakorn, the white Lamborghini had the same VIN as a luxury car that was on the evasion list. More evidence of this wrongdoing will be collected and shown to the DSI chief.

The luxury cars were listed as imported parts, a legal trick that effectively allowed their owners to avoid paying higher taxes.

Just a little bit of gossip I heard today; my girlfriends best friend works at a company that imported 2 of the super cars that where set on fire in Nakhon Ratchasima. Her company is now being raked over the coals over this (they knowingly helped the customers to import the car without paying tax so I don't have too much sympathy). The funny part to me is that supposedly the fire was caused by LPG tanks in the cars! Ha ha. The cheap shits put LPG in them to save on fuel as well as what they have saved by not paying tax. Amazing Thailand!!!

Edited by metisdead
Link to Bangkok Post edited out.

The LPG was a for-show-only conversion to further reduce taxes, in this case registration fees.

They would have been removed, converted back to regular petrol before final delivery.

Fact that it was a temporary install probably contributed to the shoddy install.

First of all, do not link or quote from Bangkok Post:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

There is a topic running regarding this here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644077-thailands-d-s-i-probes-luxury-car-scam/

Continue the discussion in that topic.

CLOSED