Wants To Reunite With Thai Wife, Still Married

My wife and I have been separated since July '03. We are not divorced. She is living in Bangkok and is Thai. If we can't locate a job that arranges for proper visa and legal authority for me, how can I visit her for 4 to 7 months before returning to the states again to handle my elderly family and my business affairs for awhile? What can she and I do for me to stay in Thailand legally for so long? We were married in the states and, of course, have the papers. Thanks for your guidance.

My wife and I have been separated since July '03. We are not divorced. She is living in Bangkok and is Thai. If we can't locate a job that arranges for proper visa and legal authority for me, how can I visit her for 4 to 7 months before returning to the states again to handle my elderly family and my business affairs for awhile? What can she and I do for me to stay in Thailand legally for so long? We were married in the states and, of course, have the papers. Thanks for your guidance.

Get a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O class visa based on marriage to a Thai. That visa is valid for one year, and it enables stays of up to 90 days on each entry. Good luck.

As the dr says obtain a multi entry class O visa based on your marriage at a Thai Consulate in the US. You may only have to show marriage paperwork but in at least some cases they now also request a copy of your wife's id card to weed out those who don't have contact with long lost wives and are just looking for an easy way to obtain an extended visa so ask her to send or fax you a copy. You do not need a job to live here for extended periods with this type of visa.

When in Thailand you will have to exit prior to 90 days but can immediately return so just a border crossing is required.

OR if marriage is ok do as Doc says but when you get here and she is ok obtain a 1 year extension visa then get a mulitple reentry permit . There are some draw backs if you only come once ayear but you can establish a 3 year history which would provide you with options