Chiang Mai: Woman Horrified To See Her Photos On A Prostitution Website

webfact

Woman Horrified To See Her Photos In Online Prostitution Ad

CHIANG MAI: -- A woman reported to Chuangpuak police station in Chiang Mai province that she was a victim of identity theft which used her photos in advertisement for online prostitution service.

Ms.Noongning (alias), 25, was described to be a sister to a famous TV news reporter in Chiang Mai province. She informed police that her photos on her personal Facebook account has been used on a prostitution website, with her telephone number attached and has caused damages to herself and her family.

Her sister brought her in to press charges at the police station at 10.00. They handed the photos and the telephone number on the website as evidence for the case to Pol.Lt.Col. Intarat Saenpunya, investigative officer at Changpuak police station. The police questioned Ms.Noongning for 2 hours.

Speaking to reporters, Ms.Noongning said she used to work at a beauty salon, and is now currently unemployed. She said her images have been used on online dating sites, inviting men to call her for prostitution service.

Ms. Noongning said she received hundreds of calls on her phone, so much so that she had to turn it off and inform her sister, who is a TV channel reporter. Her sister then took her to the police station to press charges.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01ETXpOVFF6TlE9PQ

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-2013-06-05

Damn she looks cute!

So whats the site where the woman's pics were posted? I only ask for purely educational purposeswhistling.gif

And there should be many MANY pictures on that article.

on a serious note

So the site used her photo without permission

but used her correct ph number?blink.png

My immediate response would be to call bullsh*t!

but it if not her, its probably someone she knows.

Edited by jamhar
  • Like 1

And the superb irony is.. This very thread is plastered with (google supplied) ads for Thai kisses.. And on each of their different banners they prominently show a girl in a red top.. That girls photo was lifted from the q bar website without her permission.

Glass houses and all that.

• Like 1

So she was set up it appears - not just some random site using her pictures.

-OR-

Maybe some "face saving" when it was discovered by a fellow family member?

After all, the police did interrogate her for 2 hours. Hmmmm.

Why would even go to a prostitution web site anyways

Trial by Thaivisa based on nothing but conjecture and derogatory generalizations of Thai women. coffee1.gif

Not all responses have been as you described. Some have taken both sides and asked the question - why would her actual number been listed if she was not involved? And also, how long had the site been up? One would assume a very good looking lady might get a lot of calls for such service, and if the site had been up for some time one might speculate that such calls had been entertained.

Just because this is a case where it is claimed a Thai woman has experienced identity theft does not mean it has taken place, or that it has not. You assume and claim everyone on ThaiVisa has ill thinking about Thai women, but forget many of us have made life long commitments to them.

As an administrator, I would hope that your approach to articles in the news section would be neutral both socially and politically. I have already assumed I will never get such administrator status simply because I express my mind openly and many find themselves agreeing with me on a regular basis - not because of my status on the forum either.

Here here.

First: This is NOT Identity theft.

It could easily be something like a petty ex-boyfriend, or anyone that simply didn't like her, but had access to her facebook, who posted it for "fun". It would need to be someone that knows her, since they used her real phone number.

But given the penalties under the computer crime act here, and the ease in finding out what IP address was used to post the picture, they're also probably stupid.

Ms.Noongning (alias)

Someone's putting considerable thought in to thinking up these aliases, I think.

They got it wrong way round but, tis ms ningnong

Yep, 55 years ago.

Edited by Morakot

Trial by Thaivisa based on nothing but conjecture and derogatory generalizations of Thai women. coffee1.gif

Not all responses have been as you described. Some have taken both sides and asked the question - why would her actual number been listed if she was not involved? And also, how long had the site been up? One would assume a very good looking lady might get a lot of calls for such service, and if the site had been up for some time one might speculate that such calls had been entertained.

Just because this is a case where it is claimed a Thai woman has experienced identity theft does not mean it has taken place, or that it has not. You assume and claim everyone on ThaiVisa has ill thinking about Thai women, but forget many of us have made life long commitments to them.

As an administrator, I would hope that your approach to articles in the news section would be neutral both socially and politically. I have already assumed I will never get such administrator status simply because I express my mind openly and many find themselves agreeing with me on a regular basis - not because of my status on the forum either.

Here here.

Actually that WAS a mod action but apparently you missed the reference Suggest you read the rules and in the future PM me if you have any questions regarding my moderating actions. Cheers

Last year I whipped out my tablet to show two soi Cowboy demimondaines (copyright B Trink) their likeness within the various galleries on the site. One was described as especially keen to perform a deux.

Well the ladies were incensed, I tell you.

But other than (look ah farang mai dii) there was no explanation as to how their pictures with the same backdrop had come to be featured.

But yup, they were mighty upset, I tell ya.

Boy oh boy there was plenty of tears from one.

What happen if my family can see ?"

Yessiree Bob.

Don't recall any mention of summoning the authorities however.

We would like to believe that other people would respect our privacy, but posting photos and other information can lead to undesirable consequences. Perhaps this lady trusted that the internet is a safe and cozy way to share her life with strangers. Tax and Credit collectors already use social websites to find out if you really are as broke as you claim to be. A relative of my girlfriend brushes off all attempts at collecting money from her, but is not shy to post her six new cars on facebook. I expect her debtors to show up at any minute... Snooping up on people sure got easier these days. Just google facebook with a name of a person you dislike and get all the skinny. I closed my account with facebook years ago, after I realized my life was on parade. Getting audited by IRS is not a fun thing. I suppose the photos of my early retirement at a rented beach house with a second hand sailboat might have aroused suspicions of ill gotten wealth, when in fact, I was paying only 1500 USD a month for the lifestyle (in the P.I.) Takes only one malcontented individual to report you. Luckily, my small income was already reported, but I did owe 700 bucks (that I have since paid off). Cover your <deleted>. I hope IRS reads this post!

Last year I whipped out my tablet to show two soi Cowboy demimondaines (copyright B Trink) their likeness within the various galleries on the site. One was described as especially keen to perform a deux.

Well the ladies were incensed, I tell you.

But other than (look ah farang mai dii) there was no explanation as to how their pictures with the same backdrop had come to be featured.

But yup, they were mighty upset, I tell ya.

Boy oh boy there was plenty of tears from one.

What happen if my family can see ?"

Yessiree Bob.

Don't recall any mention of summoning the authorities however.

Smooth move ex-lax. Prime reason women don't want their pictures taken is because they don't want it to end up on the internet. How do they know when it ends up on the internet? Some "smart" fellow goes and proudly presents it to them.

@adam rich

Read the post again. Slowly.

Try to appreciate the information therein.

Surely any misdeed that you can construe here was committed by the website and its owners when they (supposedly unbeknownst to the girls) posted the shots in their gallery. Or even the girls themselves when they posed for these shots against identIcal backdrops. Or didn't you understand the significance of that part.

I suspect the tears were just tears of joy and surprise at what a small world they'd entered.

Hey adam

If this report of my conversation with a couple of soi Cowboy rascals has blown your cheesy-@ss game (as the Marlin Perkins of Bangkok's demimonde) I'm real sorry. Perhaps it's just the general creepiness of heading off for a quickie with some pimple-faced shutter-bug that turns them off.

Or, is it that you prefer to characterize these victims of yours as being too stoopid and too naive to know that when they have little shutter-roach like you they can charge. (I'm afraid your suggestion that it's clever to keep them in the dark, you reveal yourself as a bit of a predator, there, little fella. A creepy one to be sure but a predictor nonetheless. ;-))

Anyway, since your attempted mischaracterization of my post reveals an embarrassing lack of verbal skills I suspect that you actually need smutty blurry pictures to show off to your "photo-club" homies.

You wouldn't be using the Internet for that now would you.

Relax. Slip the gals a few extra baht there, Lomatil.

I just wanted to pour myself a drink, and found the content of my Vodka bottle frozen. The freezer is set to -10C, 40% Vodka freezes at -26C, there is no way that could happen. I asked my girlfriend in a cheerful way if she drank some of it, and filled it up with water what would explain the ice, but she denied it and started to make a szene. How do I dare to question her? Ok. That's how I experienced so many Thais, as habitual liars even about nothing. If that's conjecture and derogatory generalizations, so be it.