Discrimination In Thailand

MrJohnson

Drum roll please. This is my first topic. So, one more drum roll. I thought I would leave the header as it is because I was pretty sure it would attract lots of folks looking for further examples of how Farangs are discriminated against in The Land of Smells, oops, sorry Land of Smiles. Well, I've come up with another moniker the TAT can have and that is The Land of Slims. Frankly, I've had enough of Slims.

Firstly, a little background. I am a chap in my mid-fifties with a girth that keeps getting bigger despite my best attempts at reigning it in. I am almost carb free, don't drink beer and exercise regularly. Try as I may my waistline has a mind of its own and is on an expansionist path. In addition, I have 'B' cup manboobs. Getting the picture?

So, you can imagine my dismay when shopping for shirts I am confronted by a whole shopping mall full of Slim Fits. I bulge here and I bulge there, the buttons look like they are about to take fright and burst from there threads. I'm just not suited to Slim Fits. And the problem is that almost everywhere i go I have no choice but Slim Fits - I'm talking Bangkok here, not NYC, Sydney or London. And its not just shirts. The Slim Fit plague has now infiltrated suits, trousers (short and long) and probably socks and singlets will shortly follow.

"Lose some weight Lardarse" I hear you say. Well I would if I could but I feel i am being discrimated against. I appeal to the rotund amongst the readership to rise up against Slims. Shirts for all sizes, I say!

In the meantime there is a nice little fellow I have found just off Soi 22 Sukhumvit who is making shirts for me that fit. Phew.

• Like 2

There's a "Fat Blokes" shop in Samui called 'XL for Men' but IMO they should rebrand to 'M' or the "Not so Fat Blokes" shop as their XL is by Thai standards rather than ours smile.png

Alternately you could try 'Premier man' mail order in UK.

A Hammock might work as a bra for your man boobs...

Edited by evadgib

mate, I have a 45" chest and I am unable to find shirts that fit apart from xxxl but most are equal to an xl in Australia and are tight across the shoulders and belly. I now buy when I go outside Thailand because the sizing here is just so bad, even their jocks/boxers are way under size, I was large in Australia but again that is xxxl here if you can find them. I think by making the sizes small they make the thais feel good about being big chestedcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Op. Have you ever heard the word "tailors" before?

They make clothes to measure .. amazing idea isn't it :)

Also if you look around there are a few export shops that do larger sizes.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Op. Have you ever heard the word "tailors" before?

They make clothes to measure .. amazing idea isn't it smile.png

Also if you look around there are a few export shops that do larger sizes.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many thanks for the advice. I have just googled Tailors - a whole new world has opened up for me. Tahnk you so much

• Like 2

Stop complaining and start wearing wife-beaters like everyone else lardarse. biggrin.png

Yeah those Beer Chang, Pattaya Muff Diver's Club and Sex Instructor - First Lesson Free ( classy ) vests come in sizes to fit even the most gargantuan of zeppelin-sized guts.

• Like 1

Stop complaining and start wearing wife-beaters like everyone else lardarse. biggrin.png

Yeah those Beer Chang, Pattaya Muff Diver's Club and Sex Instructor - First Lesson Free ( classy ) vests come in sizes to fit even the most gargantuan of zeppelin-sized guts.

Your forgot my personal favorite - kratindaeng. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your forgot my personal favorite - kratindaeng. sad.png

whats kratindaeng?

Trust me, when you lift a lot of weights you get the same problem clothes shopping.

But not around the waist

Diets..

They're for people who are thick and tired of it.

Diets and changing what you eat is only for people who really want to loose weight and understand you have to sacrifice some things to get slimmer. There are things that can help you though but you are the one deciding what you want. If you are happy the way you are just get your clothing somewhere else.