Apologies

Koratbound

My apologies to Ken and Big Daddy. :D:D

My trip to Korat went as planned only concerning the dates. The airlines were kind enough to misplace my luggage for 8 days. I did not have the transportation I thought I would so I spent many relaxing days in a small house south of Korat with no air conditioning. :o

On top of that, my cellphone committed suicide so I was cut off from civilization for most of the time there.

The good news is since I had so much spare time, I was able to read my "Thai for Beginners" book a lot. I even learned to read enough letters that I can pick out certain small words now. I practiced on Thai license plates and business signs my last 3 days there. That was when I decided I would go ahead and ride on the back of my girlfriends little motorbike. She was scared to drive me because she thought I would be too heavy. This of course made me scared after watching how the motorbikes work there way through traffic. I wanted her 100% confident!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Anyway, somehow got home alive. I will make sure to arrange things better next time so that I can get out and about without relying on a motorbike.

KB

Edited by Koratbound

:D No worry. Always (we hope) a next time. Sounds like you managed to make some good use of your time. Not so sure about that "no air con house" though. It's been really hot lately. Last night we had some rain storms come thru and the electric was off for 4 or 5 hours. A bit suffocating trying to sleep. Ok admittedly I'm "spoiled". :D

And, really, maybe you should be a bit more "brave" concerning the motorbike. It's a great way to get around and see the sights of up-country Thailand, IMHO. :o

I did get to see a couple old Wats via her motorbike. She took me to two that I forget the name of. I took several pics and will post them to the pic area over the next few days. I'll look up the name of the Wats so that I name the pics correctly.

Not sure if Dutchman is telling me to not ride on her motorbike or if he thinks I am a pu$$. :D

Will make sure to line up a car next time. No need to tempt fate. I always observe the people wherever I travel to. Way too many Thais with scars attributable to motorbike accidents. :o

KB

Not sure if Dutchman is telling me to not ride on her motorbike or if he thinks I am a pu$$. :D

Will make sure to line up a car next time. No need to tempt fate. I always observe the people wherever I travel to. Way too many Thais with scars attributable to motorbike accidents. :D

KB

I'm not sure what Dutchman was trying to say either. :o

Those motorcycle scars are what some of us fondly refer to as "Thai Tatoo's". Got a couple myself. :D