Chiang Mai Thai Man Seriously Assaulted And Ripped Off At A Karaoke Bar – Beware

Beetlejuice

I stopped on Changklan on my way back to Sarapee just now and in the interests of research chose the 7/11 next to the karaoke on the right which my friend frequented years ago.

I noticed something I've noticed several times before elsewhere:

A car or pickup or even a tuk tuk will pull up outside the karaoke but the guys will not get out.

a bevy of four or five girls will swarm around the vehicle and there's a lot of rabbit going on, then.........well, that's what i want to know.

Are these motors stopping and negotiating takeaways?

It would seem infinitely more desirable than having to listen to the wailing noise inside.

ps: I don't see management coming out, just girls.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!

I'm afraid the Buddha....as defined by handed down teaching.....got it wrong.

Desire.....clinging....and the so called dukkha therefrom is perfectly within the gamut of what the human frame has been formed by nature to bear. (it's actually enjoyable) the only thing is don't get wrapped up in it......watch it come and go and observe the rather nice feelings and make the most of them because you're a long time dead (not quite true as time is illusory).

The Buddha forgot to mention that dukkha is overridden by Sukkha......not a very balanced approach.

Back to topic dying to know about the girls huddling around vehicles.

Edited by cheeryble

CMNightRider, on 08 Jun 2013 - 07:57, said:

It has always been a mystery to me while anyone would go to a Karaoke Bar in the first place. Guys go there to sing songs and buy drinks for women that aren't going to go home with them?

They do go home with them if they pay up. Its not a problem. I went to one karaoke place in Chumphon with some thai friends and there was plenty of action in the room itself, and this was for small tips (100 to 200 baht), the girls would leave with the client for well under 1000. Chiang Mai must be the biggest karaoke rip-off place in Thailand.

And of course, some people do actually just like to sing. You can go with a group of friends. The "mama san" will ask you early on if you want "girls". You are allowed to say no in the places I've been to. They will ask you again once you've had a few drinks of course tongue.png

55555 Chiang Mai karaoke works the same as all araoke, pay and play, but SOME karaoke places in CM charge for the hostesses even if they say hello, these are the scam places, like the one where the guy had the problem, they pad the bill and charge for things that just didn't get ordered or served.

I once recieved a call from a mate st 4am saying he is held against his will at a karaoke bar near the Nawarath Bridge. I went with another Thai friend to see that he has a bill of 7000baht which he says he didn't consume.

He was taken there by a KNOWN tuk tuk driver who later had vanished.

When i went there there were many bottles in thw private room and well mu mate totally drunk. Negotiated with the mamasan and paid 5000 baht and left.

All farangs should be aware of such places. If you can't hold your drink you are in for trouble. They tend to charge by the hour for a girl to sit beside you and just talk.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Beetlejuice,

Tried to send you PM but it was blocked. I wanted information about young man joining Thai police. Can you please contact me.

Thanks

Saan

Firstly, to join the regular Thai police force, an applicant has to be a Thai citizen.

There are many departments within the Thai police and law enforcement agencies. It all depends on what sort of career this young man is seeking within the police force? For example; administration, secretarial, prison service, Immigration, customs and excise, standard uniformed policeman, border police, traffic police, airport police, tourist police and so on.

I do prefer not to use my PM and not to go into details regarding requirements as a police employee, otherwise this thread then becomes a platform for the crank elements that will begin mentioning payoffs and other sorts of crap, and would rather not start the ball rolling on this subject.

The Thai police departments sometimes have recruitment drives. The best ways to see these is to search the job agencies online or if living in Chiang Mai, the young man can visit the Job Centre in Mai Rim, where the various police departments often advertise their job vacancies.

Other ways is by knowing someone who already works within the police departments and can recommend this young man, providing that there are work vacancies at the time and he meets all the requirements.

For more information, here is the police website:

http://www.royalthaipolice.go.th/index01.php

History and functions of the Royal Thai Police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNMKpU2D2w&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cKccsmOuqA

Edited by Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice,

Tried to send you PM but it was blocked. I wanted information about young man joining Thai police. Can you please contact me.

Thanks

Saan

Firstly, to join the regular Thai police force, an applicant has to be a Thai citizen.

There are many departments within the Thai police and law enforcement agencies. It all depends on what sort of career this young man is seeking within the police force? For example; administration, secretarial, prison service, Immigration, customs and excise, standard uniformed policeman, border police, traffic police, airport police, tourist police and so on.

I do prefer not to use my PM and not to go into details regarding requirements as a police employee, otherwise this thread then becomes a platform for the crank elements that will begin mentioning payoffs and other sorts of crap, and would rather not start the ball rolling on this subject.

The Thai police departments sometimes have recruitment drives. The best ways to see these is to search the job agencies online or if living in Chiang Mai, the young man can visit the Job Centre in Mai Rim, where the various police departments often advertise their job vacancies.

Other ways is by knowing someone who already works within the police departments and can recommend this young man, providing that there are work vacancies at the time and he meets all the requirements.

Thanks Beetlejuice. The young man is my son, a Thai citizen, and is still at school. It has been his unshakeable ambition for some time to join the police academy. He and his mother seem to think it is just a matter of rolling up and knocking on the door. I think the process will be a bit more involved than that. Hence I sort your advice.

Beetlejuice,

Thanks

Saan

Thanks Beetlejuice. The young man is my son, a Thai citizen, and is still at school. It has been his unshakeable ambition for some time to join the police academy. He and his mother seem to think it is just a matter of rolling up and knocking on the door. I think the process will be a bit more involved than that. Hence I sort your advice.

I don`t know the age of your son. If he is 15 or older, he maybe able to work at a chosen police department voluntary for work experience during his school holidays.

Most schools can arrange this if your son shows interest, or you could visit your local police station with your son and make inquiries. This would be a great experience for the lad, a hands on approach and to decide whether he thinks a career in the police force is for him? Plus this would help him make contacts in the police, which of course would benefit him later if he decides to apply for a job position within the police departments.

BTW: When my son applied to be a policeman, knowing he is half farang, they also checked me out to confirm I am squeaky clean here in Thailand. The first question he was asked was; what does your father do in Thailand?

Beetlejuice,

Thanks

Saan

I don`t know the age of your son. If he is 15 or older, he maybe able to work at a chosen police department voluntary for work experience during his school holidays.

Most schools can arrange this if your son shows interest, or you could visit your local police station with your son and make inquiries. This would be a great experience for the lad, a hands on approach and to decide whether he thinks a career in the police force is for him? Plus this would help him make contacts in the police, which of course would benefit him later if he decides to apply for a job position within the police departments.

BTW: When my son applied to be a policeman, knowing he is half farang, they also checked me out to confirm I am squeaky clean here in Thailand. The first question he was asked was; what does your father do in Thailand?

Thanks. Will trot him down to local nick. So far still sneaky clean in Thailand.