Trying To Get Skype

Kringle

I've already downloaded Skype from their website: www.skype.com but am having troubles with my computer. I can't get my new mike to work and can't hear when I try to call someone. The Skype program is supposed to let you call anywhere in the world for free from your computer. Does anyone have any ideas? I've also got some kind of problem every time I try to attach anything like photos or whatever, I get a message say Microsoft has an error and has to close. Been in touch with them but haven't heard since their first response. Any help is appreciated.

unmute your mic in the sound properties and speak into it (if it's XP, d'click on the small speaker icon).

If you can hear yourself, your hardware is fine. In Skype, go to file/options/INPUT-OUTPUT and make sure the correct device is selected for recording.

Hope this helps,

./P

phazey, I've got windows 2000 and if what you suggests doesn't work, I'm taking my new headset back and get another one. I've tried just about everything else and just can't seem to get it to work. Do you have Skype? Thanks for the info and I'll let you know what happens.