Need Advices Purchasing My New First Bike

DrAzTiK

Sawadee,

I have passed my thai driver licence today and I will surely purchase my new bike soon. I am hesitating
between the Keeway Tx200M et the Tx200 enduro

I live in Chiang Mai (not far from town center) but I don't know if I will do a lot of offroad considering I have never ride a big bike before. That's
why my choice is not easy.

I would like a bike witch is easy to drive on chiang mai and I would like to make some roadtrips with my girlfriend.

The tx200 seat looks very confortable and only for that would not dare to buy a CRF250 .( a bit provocateur but I find it so much
stupid to make a good bike with a creepy seat...)

I am not sure about drving a lot on off roads but maybe the Tx200 enduro can handle what I want as well as the Tx200M ?

Do you think the TX200M will be faster than the enduro ? (10-20 km/h more maybe ?) and easier to drive in town ?

Sorry I am going to purchase my first bike and I don't want to make a mistake for my first purchase.

Thanks

Edited by DrAzTiK

I highly recommend you to buy a reliable and recognized brand with high number of dealers and service point - like honda.

it is a risk going for a Chinese brand - even if it is assembled in Thailand!.

honda crf l is a good bike and it is bulletproof according to the reviews. You can probably use one for a long time but i cannot say the same for a keeway.

And also, dealership problems are well known, you buy the bike and one month later that dealership is closed!

Just think twice man, maybe you think you are getting a good value but actually you are just taking a big risk.

• Like 2

DrAzTiK, congrats, you got your license clap2.gif

If you buy the Keeway than just take the bike you like more style wise. Motard or Enduro, they aren't much different. Of course a Honda is less "risk" of having problems, but you pay more than double if you don't buy a used one. And a used bike is a risk too, if you know nothing about bikes. Or get a CBR150 if you like sport bike styling. Or a CBR250. Or a Lifan Cross wink.png

But the Keeway (200cc) may don't have enough power for two people in the mountains. I guess its something like 15-16hp. If you and your girl are small/leightweight it may would be OK for you.

Or get a Keeway RKV200. Seems to be a solid bike. Not so much plastics on it. There are some good reports here. And its cheaper than the TX200. Try to find a good dealer. This is not easy as loserlazer said. Maybe some member here can suggest a good dealer in chiang mai based on own experience?

Thank you Wantan, your opinon and your advices are very helpfull for me.

Unfortunately, I don't like sport bike style very much even if I find old CBR pretty cool. (the new generation of CBR is not sexy at all!). I prefer roadsters/cross/Motard.

I have been to a new delearshop today near Big C extra along Highway. :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benelli-Keeway-Chiang-Mai/326766450768299

It's interessing that you speak to me about the RKV200. I was thinking about purchasing this bike in the past but I was a little bit afraid to miss the offroad adventure. But today I have seat up on a white RKV200 at the shop and I had a feeling for this bike, witch was not happening when get in on Mbike or TX200..

If I am not wrong TX200 and RKV200 have the same engine. Do you think the RVK200 can be better driving 2 people on montains ?

Btw; I think the RKV200 price had increased : 60 000 baths , same than Tx200.

How about the Dtracker 150? Probably about the same speed as the 200's

Those Chinese 200-250's are about the same speed as Japanese 150's

Plus youll have better support if things go wrong.

The seat of the Dtraker doesn't look confortable for both driver and passenger ( Am I the only one who find this important?)

===>

He also looks tiny, no as much as the KSR or Honda msx125 but pretty small..

Futhermore I prefer roadster over Motard .

Edited by DrAzTiK

If I am not wrong TX200 and RKV200 have the same engine. Do you think the RVK200 can be better driving 2 people on montains ?

Btw; I think the RKV200 price had increased : 60 000 baths , same than Tx200.

Yes, even if its may not exactly the same engine, its still the same smile.png

TX200 and RKV200 will have roughly the same power i guess. I thought the TX200 is more expensive, something like 65-70k Baht. But it is more than a year ago i took a look at these bikes. Things may have changed. For 60k the TX may be OK. As i looked at it i thought it doesn't look as strong as the RKV. But i may be wrong and it may be as good as the RKV.

How about the Dtracker 150? Probably about the same speed as the 200's

Those Chinese 200-250's are about the same speed as Japanese 150's

Plus youll have better support if things go wrong.

I agree with KRS1. The CBR150 is faster than the Keeway 200. But the Keeway RKV200 has a nice torque.

The seat of the Dtraker doesn't look confortable for both driver and passenger ( Am I the only one who find this important?)

===>

Yep, i thought the same. The DTracker150 is too small for a normal sized farang. It may be OK as a toy bike for the city. But i wouldn't want to go touring with it and for sure not with two people up.

But i had another thought. I guess you don't have a scooter yet. Your girlfriend has one? If not you may want to consider a PCX150 or the other new Honda150 scooter (dont know the price though). You can go touring with such scooter and its great for shopping and city hopping. Just a thought as i said smile.png

But i had another thought. I guess you don't have a scooter yet. Your

girlfriend has one? If not you may want to consider a PCX150 or the

other new Honda150 scooter (dont know the price though). You can go

touring with such scooter and its great for shopping and city hopping.

Just a thought as i said smile.png

No PCX150 or automatic anymore buddy, I want a sexy bike!

My girlfriend have a motorcycle so it will surely help sometimes for shopping.

Hope the RKV200 or TX200 will not lack too much of power for 2 people. Humm I am 77kg and my girlfirend 49kg, maybe it will be ok.. However, I am not planning to make so long trips with my girlfriend, but i t would be nice to dot it sometimes in quite good conditions.

Edited by DrAzTiK

better a PCX then a chinese bike, you get what u pay for.

kee way, the name mentions all.

But i had another thought. I guess you don't have a scooter yet. Your
girlfriend has one? If not you may want to consider a PCX150 or the
other new Honda150 scooter (dont know the price though). You can go
touring with such scooter and its great for shopping and city hopping.
Just a thought as i said smile.png

My girlfriend have a motorcycle so it will surely help sometimes for shopping.

Hope the RKV200 or TX200 will not lack too much of power for 2 people. Humm I am 77kg and my girlfirend 49kg, maybe it will be ok.. However, I am not planning to make so long trips with my girlfriend, but i t would be nice to dot it sometimes in quite good conditions.

Yep, understand. then it has to be a Keeway thumbsup.gif

Hope the RKV200 or TX200 will not lack too much of power for 2 people. Humm I am 77kg and my girlfirend 49kg, maybe it will be ok..

Less than 130kg. Should be OK to get you up the hills.

Then just do it smile.png

When you get the bike do your own "safety check" first before going on tour. Take some wrenches and check the most important nuts (wheels, forks, etc.) for tightness. Just to be sure they are all tight. Or let someone else have a look if you are not sure about that. Dont rely on the dealer.

Edited by wantan

===>

You're right about apparent discomfort on the dtracker. I had one for a while and decided one day to ride it on a highway ride of approximately 85km into Korat and the same distance back home.

Never again...... My ass was In agony by the time I got home. That's not to say that a replacement gel saddle wouldn't help, it probably would if you can get one.

As regards 2-up on a bike like that I'd advise short trips only due to poor highway handling at higher speeds.

I have bought my white RKV200 today. I think it's running smoothly and I feel very safe, secure and confortable on it, witch is very important for me.

I rode only a little bit today because I am very busy but for sure I will ride more and more every day wink.png

2 small problems :

-impossible to lock the handle bar on the left side (right side ok). THe delear told me that it was the first time this problem occur and will change the lock mechanism by a new one next week.

- the N is difficult to find. (I was already aware reading the rkv200 related topic). The delear told me that it will be more easy to find it after changing oil and riding the bike a little bit (maybe 400/500 km)

We must be honest, this bike is not soooo much sexy of course but quite decent for this price. With time, I think I will like it more and more.

60 000 baths, included an helmet (500bath Nippon helmet Imo) a "jacket" ( just a raincoat) and compulsory insurance.

I will surely need a top case and a tank bag . I will also check the bike witch wrenches and post news about this bike on the RKV200 related topic.

Thanks again everyone smile.png

Edited by DrAzTiK
  • Like 1

the n gear engage is pretty much on every bike. sometimes you need to rev abit or play with the biting point. in most of my bike, its not easy to engage into n stationary, the easiest way is when you are rolling to a stop while fully clutched in

enjoy your ride!

Edited by rookball

You have got what you have paid for. As for the neutral, Easy, either rock the bike back-and-forth or coast to a halt whilst trying to find neutral! Eventual you will figure it out. All bikes have idiosyncrasies.

• Like 1

these 200cc bikes from china all appear to have tiny carbs, i wonder what would happen if you put a bigger carb on them.

Edited by KRS1

Yes, be gentle with your arse and rent one each a week and see which one is more comfy,

there might also be an issue you dont get aware of right away,

like a gearbox not smooth or the exhaust burn your leg if riding in shorts & flip flops,

those things can get disturbing in the long run.

You can say what you want, i still like motorbikes with carbs and air cooled engines. Perfect for cheap and easy tinkering. And nice look too Posted Image

My words are for chinese bikes not for carbs wantan. Yes, a carb is easy to repair and handle. That is why they still use carb on some enduro bikes like kawa klr650. I respect that way of thinking no worries. But for an asphalt bike, i do not see any advantage.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes that Keeway is a nice looking bike, but as per a lot of other replies....Id rather get a more well known brand. There is the reliability factor, serviceability and after market parts that make part of the equation. However in saying that I hope you have a great time on the bike and that it suits your purpose.

I do agree in regards the CRF seat....I rented one from Chiang Mai up to Mai Sai (Visa Run); thankfully I stayed the night in Mai Sai as my butt couldnt handle a return the same day!

When I do buy a CRF, I will surely get a gel seat for it.

All the best

moto-keeway-by-zanella-rkv-200-naked-0-k

They are a good looking little bike except for that muffler cover. Why oh why are so many bikes burdened with the same infliction!

Ps: Did you happen to look at the red fairing bike in the background? I can't recognise it for any I have seen.

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1