Failed Test Ride On A 650 Ninja

In Oz the dealer wants a copy of your license, sign a disclaimer for liability and give you a alcohol breath test. Plus there's a $1500 insurance access if you loose it!

In Oz the dealer wants a copy of your license, sign a disclaimer for liability and give you a alcohol breath test. Plus there's a $1500 insurance access if you loose it!

I can believe that - having lived in Aus for a year (97-98) I really noticed on my recent trip trip to Sydney that the old stereotypical laid back Aussie that I regularly experienced 15 years ago is almost extinct. Real shame, but I guess there are reasons for it as shown it that pic above...

Quite shocking how quickly that place changed though...

Definitely time for the test rider to hail a cab :)

Test drove my Ninja (private party) with 33% down and my passport on the condition that, I break it, I bought it. When I sell it, I will hold the same conditions.

Gotta protect yourself and I think any reasonable person would agree to such conditions.

Good golly, I look at that picture and think, "<deleted>? How did he manage it?" Just doesn't look possible. Holy smokes!

I sold a Harley Sportster in the States many many moons ago (1970) when I was 19 and stupid. Some guy showed up with a friend and wanted to test ride it, so I let him without taking ID or anything. Then his friend said he was going to run down to the store for a pack of smokes, and I thought nothing of it (like I said, I was young and stupid). Well I'm sure you have already figured out that when my bike turned the corner at the end of the block, that was the last I ever saw of it. Just more tuition in the school of hard knocks. I've paid a lot over the years.

Edited by Ticketmaster
  • Like 2

I can believe that - having lived in Aus for a year (97-98) I really noticed on my recent trip trip to Sydney that the old stereotypical laid back Aussie that I regularly experienced 15 years ago is almost extinct. Real shame, but I guess there are reasons for it as shown it that pic above...

Definitely time for the test rider to hail a cab smile.png

I think it was in the USA going by the clues.

1/ Big fat guy in foreground.

2/ Dodge pick-up in background.

• Like 2

Definitely time for the test rider to hail a cab :)

I think it was in the USA going by the clues.

1/ Big fat guy in foreground.

2/ Dodge pick-up in background.

It's actually a Yamaha dealership (I guess they sell Kawi as well) in Oregon.