Getting To Koh Chang From Pattaya

toenail

What are the choices of getting to Koh Chang from Pattaya? (public bus...private van...driver?) Once I have arrived on the island, then there is a hotel shuttle. I googled this but I get info only from BKK to KC

If you can drive, why not rent a car? Easy drive drive down to the ferry near Trat (about 230kms), car goes with you on the ferry then you are free to go where you please on the Island.

It was a minibus with about 9/10 people.

Pick you up from your hotel, takes you on the ferry, then transfers you to hotel and vice versa. Good price at 1500 baht per person there and back.

I have to say that that price sounds a rip off,

Patts to KC is 260 KM, a trip that distance would normally cost 200 baht in a minibus so 400 both ways, I go from Hua Hin to BKK for 180 which is a distance of 230KM

I would assume that the ferry would normally be 70-100 baht if you booked it yourself so 140-200 baht, I went to KC about 10 years ago and cannot remember the exact price.

Depending on where you are staying on KC, let's say another 300 both ways.

So a total of 900 give or take a 100 baht if you did the trip yourself.

1500 is excessive IMO.

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

I go to Koh Chang rather often. If You take a private taxi it's about 3000 baht. BUT it only take to the ferry in Trat, You have to pay for the ferry and the transportation from the ferry in Koh Chang to Your hotel Yourself. If You go with minivan which I think is a good option this is included. You must check if the van goes directly to Trat !! Some of them stops in Banh Peh ( ferry to Koh Samet) which is a detour that takes about at least an hour extra. Last time I went was two months ago then I paid 900 baht with minibus. Pick-up at my condo, transportation to the hotel in Koh Chang and back. Have a nice trip!!

• 5 months later...

Can anyone help me with the phone number to 35 group pattaya? Their website has not been paid and thus is not working, and they are not located at soi 13 as someone wrote here on thaivisa in another thread.

Or phone number of another cheap minibus company going to Koh Chang pier from Pattaya? Like 400-450 baht. Huge bonus if it does not stop at the pier for Koh Samet too.

Edited by dollarman

Yes, 35 Group is a good minibus company, I have used it several times when travelling to Cambodia

(via Koh Chang Thammasat pier).

The new office is located on the 3rd road very near Pattaya Tai intersection, buses leave at the moment

every day 9.00 o'clock in the morning (+ 7.00 a.m, if there are bookings enough).

Minibus fare to the Koh Chang pier is 300 baht, including picking you up in the morning, then 80 baht

for the ferry, if you would like to buy it yourself.

• 7 months later...

We used I-site Koh Chang a travel agent on the island for the journey. They picked us up from our hotel in Pattaya and dropped of at the hotel on Koh Chang. The fare was 650 baht each way including the ferry and the journey took about 5 hours. The service was very good they even confirmed the transfers the night before and they spoke good English

081 773 4221

http://www.i-sitekohchang.com/koh-chang-travel/transfer.html