3000 Km Journey On A Lifan Cross 200

Also, I'm looking to swap out the fron disk and caliper for something a bit better. There is a guy with handle "motocrossor" who has done it, so I know it's possible. I sent him a message a couple weeks ago, but he hasn't responded. Any info would be helpful!

Thanks,

Ryan

Now that you got that under your belt maybe it's time to tackle the trip across 'the roof of the world' and on to some nice Euro destinations.....and back again of course!

"...It’s still dark out. The morning is crisp and cool, especially for
Thailand. I’m strapping my new Skoyco touring bag and my backpack to the
rack of my Lifan Cross 200. I feel strange. Alone. I’m about to embark
on a 3000 kilometer motorcycle journey in a foreign country on a cheap,
unreliable enduro bike
by myself...."

That cracked me up...lol !

Your link has only day 1. Where's the rest of it? I would like to read it as I'm thinking of a similar trip.

At the bottom is says Author: Ryan Wiley...click on his name

Now that you got that under your belt maybe it's time to tackle the trip across 'the roof of the world' and on to some nice Euro destinations.....and back again of course!

...probably have to upgrade from the Lifan for that trip!

you posted this up about 3 months ago and it hasnt progressed much only up to day 4 3 months later ,no doubt a great trip but seems to me your just trying to get hits on your blog as people generally do......

• Like 1

you posted this up about 3 months ago and it hasnt progressed much only up to day 4 3 months later ,no doubt a great trip but seems to me your just trying to get hits on your blog as people generally do......

I took this trip in late March / early April 2013. I posted the write-up for day 1 of this trip on 14 April 2013 in an old Lifan Cross 200 thread that is all but dead. Then I had to stop blogging and get back to my job. This week I've gotten back into blogging. Using notes and pictures from the trip, I'm finishing the full 2-week write-up. ...and I'm putting the info in this new thread instead of in an old dead one.

If the slow pace of my blogging frustrates you, just ignore my posts.

Ryan, could you tell us how reliable the lifan is ? many posters here on thaivisa claim the lifan is a unreliable piece of sh.......and would like everyone to pay more then double and buy a honda or kawasaki.

Edited by pokerkid

Ryan, could you tell us how reliable the lifan is ? many posters here on thaivisa claim the lifan is a unreliable piece of sh.......and would like everyone to pay more then double and buy a honda or kawasaki.

My thoughts on this are very simple. If you can afford a Honda or a Kawasaki, get one. If you can't afford a Honda or a Kawasaki, look for a used Honda or Kawasaki. If you can't find a used Honda or Kawasaki....get a Lifan!

The LIfan is cheap. If you get one, it will break. You will fix it. You will still have a blast riding it. In the end, though, you will wish you had a Honda or a Kawasaki!

• Like 2